account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

Highlighted
Regular
Message 21 of 49
Message 21 of 49

Re: Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

It's exactly the same problem, I bought my device just 2 months ago

I did the microphone test and I could hear my voice on the play back
. I don't know if it is a software problem or a hardware one.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 49
Message 22 of 49

Hi @Rasha-fathi, welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Since you can hear your voice in the test, the microphone is working in your phone.

I would recommend that you try and use a different network mode in your phone and make a few calls and ask the person you are talking to if they can hear any improvement in the call quality and volume.

To change the network type, go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Preferred network type > GSM only.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 23 of 49
Message 23 of 49

And if that solved the problem, that means that the microphone isn't work fine with LTE networks?
And I shouldn't use mobile data to be able to make calls?
One time poster
Message 24 of 49
Message 24 of 49

Hello Sir/ma'am ,
Me and my sister bought 2 Xperia xa ultra for our parents last Black Friday. Since my mom is going back to Philippine where my father at on December so we didn't got the chance to really check everything.
Everytime I call them my father would complain about the speaker that every time he turn it on, it sounds like it wasn't on at all.. can you help me with this since my mom is coming back on June atleast we will know if it needs any necessary troubleshooting
Message 25 of 49
Message 25 of 49

Hii sony
I am yara from egypt. I bought my xperia xa ultra 1 month ago and have the exact problem with microphone.
I am really disappointed and dont know how to fix it.
I tried every solution you say and it didn't fix it. Only restarting can help me make a normal call or 2 then the problem is repeated again and again.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 49
Message 26 of 49

Hello everyone!

@Rasha-fathi, Your device does not support voLTE so every call you make or receive will either the 3G or 2G (GSM) network. This is depending on the network coverage in your current location.

Have you had the chance to try a different network mode? If you have, was there any change? If there was no change, I would recommend that you try with another or a new SIM card in your phone.

@Sxaune, sorry to hear about your fathers phone. Slightly frowning Face

Does it work fine as long as he is using the ear speaker in the phone, but as soon as he changes to speaker phone he can no longer hear the counterpart? Can the counterpart still hear him when the phone is switched to speaker?

I'd recommend that he starts with trying the speaker out in the Diagnostics test in the phone which he can find in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Loudspeaker. This will tell us if the loudspeaker is working as it should or not.

It the loudspeaker is working fine in the test, I would recommend that your father restarts his phone in safe mode. In safe mode all downloaded application are disabled and will not be loaded.

While the phone is rebooted in safe mode, ask him to place a few calls or if that the possibility to call him > he changes to speaker and you'll see if there is any change.

@Yara_mohamed18, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

If you have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread I'm afraid that I can only refer you to contact your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

If you have any questions about service routines, service times and so forth they are the experts on your specific market and will gladly assist you with answering those kinds of questions.

Keep me posted!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Message 27 of 49
Message 27 of 49

I can't understand why you can't see it's a common problem with this phone and it's sony's fault.
I am really disappointed 😞.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 49
Message 28 of 49

Hi!

I'm sorry you feel that way. Slightly frowning Face

Based on the troubleshooting that you have done I'm afraid that it sounds like it's hardware related and the phone will need to be examined by a trained technician.

I am sorry for the inconveniences this may cause for you.

One time poster
Message 29 of 49
Message 29 of 49

I have been having all the same issues people in the other end can't hear me and also hear echos I have tried all suggested tips on these feeds and nothing has worked very disappointing been looking at new phones as this problem is not acceptable to me. 

Learner
Message 30 of 49
Message 30 of 49

I have the same problem. Usually I have to put on speaker and go back to mic, the problem dissappear until next time. Ore sometimes it works if you do this before they answer your phone. 

Good luck!