account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia XA - Touch screen issue

Adept
Message 51 of 115
Message 51 of 115

Re: Xperia XA - Touch screen issue

Oh god, when the touchscreen issues can be solved. I wonder how long can i keep using this phone.

I bought this phone because of the size of the phone which almost perfectly fit-in to my one hand usage. And the specifications are up to middle standard which I am ok for it as i rarely use it to play games which require high spec phone. The phone is more expensive than other brands (if compare the specifications). But i choose this cos of the size and brand reputation which i expect to get good quality software and hardware.

But how come I am now in deep trouble like this which I have never experienced this kind of thing before in any other smartphones.

So sad
Adept
Message 52 of 115
Message 52 of 115

Hi everyone who got the same touchscreen problem.

After i had sent fhe bug report to the community manager for internal check. He has returned me the result.

The bug report i sent him did not mention any cause that could be seen in the bug report. He suggests that in my case i did the software repair before and the problem still persists. So he recommend to bring my phone to local service center.

I will manage my time to go there if possible and if the time fits my schedule.

If anyone has brought the phone to local service center before me on this same problem, please share with me whether can they solve this problem.
Commissioner
Message 53 of 115
Message 53 of 115

Not suffered any touch issues on 33.2.A.2.35 or 33.2.A.2.73
Adviser
Message 54 of 115
Message 54 of 115

i have the XA  and mine appears to be the whole screen stopping.  briefly, but it happens.

i hope this is solved and it is a teething problem. I too bought the phone for size mainly and i like the colour. if the problems continue i will be devostated and go back to motorola

f3111

33.2.A.2.93

One time poster
Message 55 of 115
Message 55 of 115

Hi Everyone,

From Turkey

Same problem for me,

F3111 - 33.2.A.2.93

Talent
Message 56 of 115
Message 56 of 115

Maybe when posting people should include the revision no of the device from either the box or the white pull out flaps where the sim+sd cards go. See if there's a pattern mine is
F3111 33.2.A.2.73 rev2
Talent
Message 57 of 115
Message 57 of 115

Forgot to add no problem at all with touch screen issues
Adept
Message 58 of 115
Message 58 of 115

Hi everyone, i am back again. I will go to local service center to try the hardware repair by next Monday. Today i have already bought iphone SE and quite impress with its compact size.

I have to buy a new phone cos i have only one phone and if my Sony XA is being repair then i will have no phone to use. The local service center call center told me that during repair, they have a temporary phone for me to use but it is not a smartphone, just a simple old day cell phone. This is a bit strange about how Sony manages its customers, I have no doubt why the company now has the big market problem and also profit problem.

Again, in my life i bought 2 Song phones and both have problem it is my own bad luck. The first was Z3 bought in Taiwan. When i came back to Thailand (only bought foe 4-5 months) with it water proof advertising, the phone unluckily dipped into a verly lowe level of normall water(10-20 cm height) in bathroom with all button and hole closed. Then the phone was permanently damaged. I call the service center and got the feedback that
"if u bought it from Taiwan then u have got to send it to Taiwan by yourself for repair"

I have no doubt why Sony company now often seen on the news about bad profit.

Anywsy, after repair i will share with everyone here the feedback. But this XA will become my reserved phone cos after i use Iphone, i dont want to loss again all business chat and info in the phone to switch again to XA.

Good luck everyone

@teacupper, Iphone SE has a very compact impressive size, u can try and the price not so big different compare to XA
One time poster
Message 59 of 115
Message 59 of 115

Just got my XA yesterday and having these EXACT same touch issues here. I am not using screen protector and screen is very clean. My friend has these issues too with hers XA. Gosh...
Adviser
Message 60 of 115
Message 60 of 115

i still have my moto x 2013. will go to sony centre today and take my moto.

which hadles better, photos better and uses storage better so it isnt full at 75% with no photos.

should have bougth the moto z

annoying that sony dont care, just profit, my boyfriends z5 compct works fine