account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia XA - Touch screen issue

Adept
Message 21 of 115
Message 21 of 115

Re: Xperia XA - Touch screen issue

@Sonyxanewuser @Adityalk @Scalkie @myself (all the users who got the same problem!

I have just got the OTA system update form Sony last 15 mins ago. Lets see whether problem will still occur smile happy

My Model is F3116
Current Software after update: 33.2.B.2.35

Thanks Edmonddantes1829 for your information
Adept
Message 22 of 115
Message 22 of 115

@Adityalk I still havent tested the camera heating problem. I will test it for you soon. But if possible it is better for u to start a new topic posting about camera and phone heating as it will be more easier for other users who have the same problem as u to help share their problems and help.

Anyway i will test and feedback to u.
Adept
Message 23 of 115
Message 23 of 115

Hi all

After the new system software update, it seems the problem about the touch screen gets a lot better. After the usage of 1 day, I experienced only few touch screen at the edge less sensible.

Anyway there still be some occurred. So, I think it should be the OS issue as this problem is now occurred less.

@Adityalk I have tested camera by using it for around 10-15 mins but i exoerienced no heating issue. Only mu phone got a bit warm. (i tested in air conditioned room).
One time poster
Message 24 of 115
Message 24 of 115

i have the exact same problem.....i repaired the phone but still the same...looks like an os issue...hope sony addresses it soon
Adept
Message 25 of 115
Message 25 of 115

@arijit007 so sorry to hear that you also have the same issue. My friend who just bought this model also have this problem.

Sometimes it is quite a big problem especially when i am in rush to reply something to my customers on Whatapps or Line and the keyboard area at the edge of the screen is unable to type or becomes less sensible. If this problem can not be solved changing phone might be better for me.

I am not sure wheather this forum is monitored by Sony staff. If yes please kindly take this issue seriously.
One time poster
Message 26 of 115
Message 26 of 115

I've got a similar problem like all. I just got the xperia xa yesterday and after a few hours I found that the left part of the screen is senseless. I went a Sony shop today and told to reset all. At the first few minutes it worked fine but now I got exactly the same problem again. I was told that it would take a few weeks if it has to be repaired. I also bet this is an OS issue so decided to wait for the next update rather than waiting for weeks without my phone.
I'm so disappointed.
Adept
Message 27 of 115
Message 27 of 115

@Taro9
I also think that it is the OS issue. I will tell u that it is not only the left edge of the screen which got problem. But all edges of the screen will b less sensible when the problem occured. U can try.

Please Sony staff if you are monitoring this forum please kindly suggest somethings.
One time poster
Message 28 of 115
Message 28 of 115

same problem for me !

F3111

33.2.A.2.35

french

Learner
Message 29 of 115
Message 29 of 115

I have a new issue. I enabled the startup pin request wherein on a reboot the phone will ask to enter the pin before restart and now the keypad is not reponding no matter how hard I press. Reparing the phone now... btw how long does it take to repair?

Adept
Message 30 of 115
Message 30 of 115

Hi Xperiafanlnd

As fas as i remember It takes u around half an hour to 40 mins (i mean the phone repair via PC.) Nothing to worrry. smile happy