account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Visitor
Message 31 of 55
Message 31 of 55

Re: Xperia XA Ghost Touch

I am facing the same problem. did you find any solution?

BAH
Regular
Message 32 of 55
Message 32 of 55

Sorry to say no solution. 

I bought the phone from a Sony shop at Siam Paragon in Bangkok. In theory it is covered by a 12 month warranty. 

I will be back in Thailand late September, and intend to front the shop to honour the warranty.

I'll be annoyed if they don't but in Thailand my experience is that once you have left the shop, goods in hand, then it's bye bye forever. 

We'll see! 

Regular
Message 33 of 55
Message 33 of 55

Xperia xa

Upgraded to Android N

Facing touch problems 

One time poster
Message 34 of 55
Message 34 of 55

I have this problem too, I cant touch the right side of my phone like someone using it. Ghost touch. Any solution? 

BAH
Regular
Message 35 of 55
Message 35 of 55

I'm afraid not. Nobody has a solution it seems. Least of all Sony! 

One time poster
Message 36 of 55
Message 36 of 55

I too m facing the same problem... Worst phone ever 

BAH
Regular
Message 37 of 55
Message 37 of 55

Sorry to hear that, very frustrating as the phone is virtually unusable. 

I'm going to the Sony shop in BKK next month  (where I bought it) in the hope that they will exchange/repair it.

Don't like my chances though. 

One time poster
Message 38 of 55
Message 38 of 55

Where is the fix for this

Visitor
Message 39 of 55
Message 39 of 55

My Sons first XA had this issue, thankfully it showed up in the first week so EE replaced the handset straight away and the replacement didnt show the issue.

One time poster
Message 40 of 55
Message 40 of 55

I have the same issue. On my end, I don;t have any installed protector which should not cause any harm.
I was not also subemerged in the water. I just noticed this from happening yesterday.

Since my phone is already out of warranty, I will need to pay for the fix BUT the big question is, is this something that is going to get fixed?

1. Already did the diagnotics even if it took me 10 minutes due to faulty touch screen.
2. Performed factory reset but I cannot proceed to the next step since it automatically clicks on the screen.

3. The "ghost tocuh" is always on the center of the phone

I hope someone will answer my question. Thank you Slightly smiling Face