account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Adviser
Message 21 of 55
Message 21 of 55

touch screen is registering wrong touch UI events and miss taps

Dear Sony,  I am pretty sure you sold me device with buggy touchscreen (and with other bugs about wheech you keep being silent as fishes).  I already received my f3212 from your Local "Service" center and had been doing all Captain Obvious "solutions"  coming from your outsorced  "experts". And your Local "Service"  Center is refusing to confirm obvious bugs.  So I have to waste my time on searching ways how to prove numerous Sony bugs. 

• UNFIXED TOUCHSCREEN BUG is looks like that -  here is the touch event trace (i quickly tapped the screen -  and there should be a dot - but your buggy system UI is registred a SWIPE).  And its from under the safe mode. 
  • IF SONY IS TRYING TO ROB ME BY SELLING UNTESTED RAW DEVICE WITH NUMEROUS OBVIOUS BUGS? AND DO IT REALLY REFUSING TO IMPLEMENT ITS WARRANTY AGAINST CONSUMERS WARRANTY CLAIMS?

Screenshot_20161123-020645.png

Alj
Adviser
Message 22 of 55
Message 22 of 55

Re: touch screen is registering wrong touch UI events and miss taps

Dear friend the thing that I want to tell you might be irrelevant but I had a touch problem like ghost touching and tested that with some apps that were showing me there is another tap on the screen so it was awful because it was like there are two fingers on the screen.
Then I turned on "Force GPU rendering" on Developer options and after that no problem with that.
You tested everything so it's not a problem to test this thing out.
Hope it works for you Slightly smiling Face  

Adviser
Message 23 of 55
Message 23 of 55

Re: Xperia XA Ghost Touch

thanks for trying to help. But it is pointless, as buggy the whole touch screen procesing system software. I still missing part of taps and have very bad stylus responce (sensitivity) (and my stylus is Wacom who knows everything on good styluses). As well there is the bug with text selection cariages - they become unmovable when you sellect text located near the screen edges. They just stuck as they cant be moved there because of their own huge width...
And it not solve my microphone bugs and numerous other Sony software bugs. And all should work wo any dev options.
Message 24 of 55
Message 24 of 55

Don't really know how to link posts or anything, but my XA Ultra stopped responding to touch and started tapping the screen in multiple areas at once *by itself*. Another thread saw an association with using a memory card, and mine did push a notification about being corrupted right before it force-restarted and began this behavior. The memory card was formattable and must have been corrupted somehow by the phone, rather than by internal failure (had this happen before with this and other phones). Just wanted to throw this out there because it seems relevant, but different in the sense that mine is completely unusable at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if I send my phone in for repair and Sony finds, say, the screen to be defective, does Sony replace the screen, or do they replace the device with a refurbished unit? I've taken really good care of my phone and hope they won't give me someone else's "fixed" phone they returned for service...

fu4
One time poster
Message 25 of 55
Message 25 of 55

I powering on and off as im  texting this mine will also send unwanted pics and files to whom it chooses so no privacy for me. Means Useless phone to me. Any suggestions 

One time poster
Message 26 of 55
Message 26 of 55

Re: touch screen is registering wrong touch UI events and miss taps

This fixed mine too. Thanx a lot
BAH
Regular
Message 27 of 55
Message 27 of 55

XA Dual. Has ghost touch which touches (weirdly) only on the second row from top, second icon from the left.
If I have an icon there it will activate the app randomly without my touch. If I have that location blank (no app) the screen will turn off. This is preferable because then I just press the button and the screen comes back on without the ghost operating.
The ghost will operate sometimes when typing, for example when typing this, because the cursor was "in the zone" it started to misbehave. Also the cursor location is unreliable, occasionally flicks to another location in the text above. Happened several times while typing this. Practically unusable.
Very annoying - makes me think the screen is defective.
I have had 4 Sony phones previously, all have been good.
Soon I'll stop perservering with this one and switch brands. Once burnt I won't come back!
One time poster
Message 28 of 55
Message 28 of 55

Me too,and I took a video
https://youtu.be/zuVVpBUhyBc
One time poster
Message 29 of 55
Message 29 of 55

I have the same problem. I just bought this device like 2 weeks ago. 

Visitor
Message 30 of 55
Message 30 of 55

I am facing the same problem with my Xperia XA ultra dual. Ghost touch in the left middle corner of the screen. this is very annoying. Just found a vedio in youtube. I have tried for all the solutions you have mentioned in previous comments. But on one helps. should I try this one? the link is given below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l87UPNk1xw