account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Alj
Adviser
Message 11 of 55
Message 11 of 55

Xperia XA multitouch only accept 4 fingers and ghost touching

My Xperia XA has a problem with multitouch. I tested my device with some apps from Play Store like MultiTouch Tester and  it only accepts 4 fingers, I think it's supposed to be 10 fingers multitouch but it's not. It also is acting erratically with the touchscreen especially when using multitouch on home screen. Then it freezes the screen or sometimes just the notification bar works and no response to touching on other areas. 
I don't use any cover and screen protector and also did software repair with Xperia Companion and it didn't help. My device is updated with 33.2.B.3.81 and no other update is available for me. The model is F3116
Any solution? 

Alj
Adviser
Message 12 of 55
Message 12 of 55

Re: Xperia XA multitouch only accept 4 fingers and ghost touching

Just after facing with that touching problem I used Multitouch Tester to see what's wrong with it and one thing that I noticed was when I touched the screen it showed me 2 that means somewhere else has already been touched and that is the problem but it doesn't show where.
Screenshot (126).png

Forum Legend
Message 13 of 55
Message 13 of 55

Could you please please try to boot on #safemode? To see if the problem occurs? Also try to perform xperia diagnostics on settings-about phone.

If you recently installed a screen protector, it might cause similar problem

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Alj
Adviser
Message 14 of 55
Message 14 of 55

I don't have any screen protector or cover, I did factory reset and also repair with Xperia Companion. xperia diagnostics shows nothing and touch screen works %99 of time but randomly it happens. Also did safe mode and it happened again.
Could you tell me if yours just accept 4 fingers or 10? I used two apps ( YAMTT, MultiTouch Tester)
I appreciate it my friend. 

Pioneer
Message 15 of 55
Message 15 of 55

In the descriptions of XA it is said: up to 4 fingers.
Alj
Adviser
Message 16 of 55
Message 16 of 55

Ok so at least I know that 4 fingers multitouch is not a problem. Hope to get rid of that ghost touching as well. 

Forum Legend
Message 17 of 55
Message 17 of 55

oh yeah, it only supports 4 fingers only, but if with 1 finger registering 2 , can you test if it still detects 4 fingers?

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia%20XA%20Dual_WP_2.pdf

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 55
Message 18 of 55

Re: Xperia XA Ghost Touch

totally touch of XA dual is bad on horizontal surfaces like when device is on desk especially on top of screen of the device and its annoying so much , I hope its not cause of hardware and will solve in future updates

One time poster
Message 19 of 55
Message 19 of 55

Got the same problem, i've already send my phone to sony but they did'nt found any problem

The ghost touch is always in the same area : top right of the screen, just in the corner

Did you found any solutions?

Alj
Adviser
Message 20 of 55
Message 20 of 55

Turn on Force GPU rendering on Developer options and that might help.