account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Visitor
Message 1 of 55
Message 1 of 55

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Does Anyone have the same problem with Xperia Xa?

My Xperia XA is suffering from a ghost touch, even when im not using my phone it activates any applications and suddenly select different portion on the screen.

Help Pls. 

54 REPLIES 54
Emperor
Message 2 of 55
Message 2 of 55

Re: Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Does your phone has a protective case, film or glass? if it does, remove them and see if you experience the same issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 55
Message 3 of 55

yes it does but i already remove the film protection and the case protection but the problem is still there.

t54
Rookie
Message 4 of 55
Message 4 of 55

Yes
Emperor
Message 5 of 55
Message 5 of 55

Could you test it in safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 6 of 55
Message 6 of 55

Same thing happening to me.. It is a sofware update issue after updating to latest it start happen. . Hard to pull notification bar its like not pulling down.. Clicking on home, back button also hard.. Please resolve this soon and give us a update with bug fixes on xa
Emperor
Message 7 of 55
Message 7 of 55

could you test it in >>> safe mode ?

@Shiva1001 wrote:
Same thing happening to me.. It is a sofware update issue after updating to latest it start happen. . Hard to pull notification bar its like not pulling down.. Clicking on home, back button also hard.. Please resolve this soon and give us a update with bug fixes on xa

Alj
Adviser
Message 8 of 55
Message 8 of 55

I have this problem, especially on home page. It's like I'm holding my finger on the touch screen and want to touch another area. The only way to get rid of it is to press the power key and turn the screen on and off.
Any solution ?

One time poster
Message 9 of 55
Message 9 of 55

what if safe mode doesn't help?

Alj
Adviser
Message 10 of 55
Message 10 of 55

No, it doesn't work at all.
I tried everything but nothing could change it. It happens randomly, especially when touching home page for a couple of seconds or touching the screen repeatedly or with multitouch. Sometimes the screen freezes and the only way is to turn it off and on again. Not sure if it's a hardware or software issue.