account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia XA Ghost Touch

BAH
Regular
Message 41 of 55
Message 41 of 55

Re: Xperia XA Ghost Touch

Sorry to hear your phone is out of warranty.

I am now back in BKK where I bought the phone last December, so still within warranty. 

So yesterday I took the phone to the Sony shop in Siam Paragon and they saw the problem happening. 

They have taken the phone saying they will repair it. I guess they will fit a new screen (although they didn't actually say that). 

They will call me when it's ready to pick up, in one to two weeks. 

So, fingers crossed, hope I'll get it back in good working order. 

I will post when that happens, I know you'll be interested! 

*personal info removed*

I'd be happy to help if I can. Cheers. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 42 of 55
Message 42 of 55

My Xperia XA Ultra has ghost touch issue!

Last week, it got rain drop but so little then it started to touch automatically whenever I unlock the screen. I do not use any protector on my screen. 

UNM
Adviser
Message 43 of 55
Message 43 of 55

So it is ghost touch for me just after updating to 33.3.A.1.97. Not always, but persistently freequent. Funny though, it is not any perticular area of screen, rather entire area. It even opened Gmail app and then selected new email and wrote some garbages.

This is second time updates are messing up phone. Last to last time it was proximity sensor that was screwed. I was happy after last update as that was fixed, and now this one even worse.

One time poster
Message 44 of 55
Message 44 of 55

Re: My Xperia XA Ultra has ghost touch issue!

Same as your problem, whenever I unlock, it ghost touches. 
Problem stops when I restart the phone, and keep the screen on. When it locks, it ghost touches again.

Inhabitant
Message 45 of 55
Message 45 of 55

i also face these problems but now suddenly it work fine but it become too hot only using whatssap

Visitor
Message 46 of 55
Message 46 of 55

Same here dude... After a little rain my phone started ghost clicking... But specifically on the upper portion of the screen, im having a hsrd time pulling the notification bar and when a button is on the upper part of the screen it clicks on it, its so frustrating, it clicks on any random button on the upper part of my screen 

BAH
Regular
Message 47 of 55
Message 47 of 55

This is no help with your problem, but I'll just relate my experience.

I took my faulty ghost touching XA to the Sony shop in Siam Paragon (where I bought it) and still within the warranty period. 

After saying they'd repair it in fact they replaced it with a new phone. 

Very happy with that. 

This one works fine. 

Guess they have a bunch of unsold stock. 

Best of luck with yours. 

UNM
Adviser
Message 48 of 55
Message 48 of 55

Lucky for you, mine just went out of warranty a month back.

An update to my issues, it started suddenly after I updated the security patch to 33.3.A.1.97. Try a lot of method and finally identified the area next to power button is the issue, just a small fingertip area there. I had reduced the key board size for now to avoid unwanted messages sent (it is exactly at the sent touch area when the key sizes are normal), but still the ghost touch makes life difficult.

Throughout its life, my phone has never seen a cover or a screen guard.

BAH
Regular
Message 49 of 55
Message 49 of 55

My commiserations UNM. 

Nothing I ever did with mine made any difference. That included all upgrades including to Android 7 and total reset. I'm sure it was a hardware problem. I got to the stage of buying a replacement screen, but didn't fit it for fear that Sony would deny my warranty claim. And the fact that their response to my claim was to replace it rather than fix it suggests that it was a hardware problem. 

None of this is any comfort to you of course. Given it seems to be such a common problem with the XA, if it's not difficult to get to the Sony shop you could try them about a replacement, they might just come across to keep a customer happy.

Anyway best of luck. 

Visitor
Message 50 of 55
Message 50 of 55

Yes and it seems SONY is not doing anything about it. It's not a software problem, but rather it's a hardware problem. SONY is making faulty phones.