account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Bent automatically no problem in screen

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia XA Bent automatically no problem in screen

Dear Sony

My xperia XA bought only on 20th march 2018 was bent on its own. there is not even any scratches or any stain even on screen.. it was there in thetable while in charge and suddenly i saw it was bent..please guide it have 1 year warranty. it must be covered. please advise.

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-03 at 10.48.00 AM.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia XA Bent automatically no problem in screen

Hi, you need to contact your Local support for any repair based queries. however I've never come across an xa that has bent on its own like that before, especially if just lying on a table. I don't think charging is responsible, as the charging circuit is on the other side and lower down. It's also worth noting that the only way the sides of the XA could bend on their own is by heat, as it's aluminium. That kind of heat would 100% damage the screen and melt the back panel which is ABS plastic. 

Just pre warning you, as you may have to pay return shipping costs when they send you a quote for repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

but i am pretty much sure it was cracked by its own... no external facts. this mobile is new so no games or any application installed also..

my worry is how i am going to explain them that it is not my fault and get it repaired under warranty.

i had some previous occurings also i know the truth but they dont accept and i paid when it is under warranty for my z5.

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

So you've had self bending phones before?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

My xperia Z5 Back glass cover cracked when it was in charge via usb in laptop. they charged me for that even though it was under warranty. i tried my best to explain them.