account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XPERIA XA ULTRA (1st gen) not charging after water damage

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XPERIA XA ULTRA (1st gen) not charging after water damage

So about two weeks ago my phone got wet when the showerhead broke. It was merely a splash. I wiped it off and continued to use the phone fine the next half an hour or so. Then all of a sudden while I was using it the phone turned off and didnt react to any charging or my atempts to turn it on. I immediately put the phone into rice and after half an hour or so the phone started to turn on was stuck on the XPERIA boot animation for about two hours. Later it managed to turn on without problem but the charging was all janky, like it was spazzing out. I left the phone in the rice overnight and after about 24 hours I used it without any problem and was able to charge it normally. The phone still functions fine but it wont charge like it should. Last night i drained it to 1% and connected the phone to my charger and after about half an hour it got up to 9% (note: The phones charging speed was noticeably slower after the water incident). I then went to sleep and woke up to see that my phone is still charging and is stuck at 9%. After i turned on the screen it got up to 10% immediately. I continued it using throughout today and drained it to 1% and now it wont charge any more than 1%. I tried other chargers and cables with the same result. I believe it to be the ECC (the chip used for charging). I hope that its not because that would mean that i'd have to buy a whole new phone and that's not one of the things that I can do right now. So if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to share.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XPERIA XA ULTRA (1st gen) not charging after water damage

@Mrveech 

I think that you've done everything, you probably will need to buy a new phone, sorry. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

The phone somewhat charges when i use a 2.4A charger. The battery currently isn't swolen. I'm going to keep this open if, god forbids, someone gets in the same situation as I did. I can use it at the moment but I dont know how long it will last.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the response but I'm not going to give up on this phone. It was the longest lasting phone I ever had and used it to capture some of my favorite moments. If it dies I'm going put it up in a case and probably get another xperia.

Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Mrveech 

you could get a new battery and see if that works, also check for rust 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)