account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE?

Elite
Message 21 of 152
Message 21 of 152

Re: Need VOLTE support for XA ULTRA

It has to be enabled by your carrier/network, most likely the phone has to be network branded/SIM locked to such network for it to work. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 22 of 152
Message 22 of 152

Re: Need VOLTE support for XA ULTRA

Hi,
Sim is unlocked and I can access interent at 4G from the same. For making free voice call the phone must support Enhanced 4G capabilities called as Voice over LTE. But currently XA ULTRA has only LTE support.
Adept
Message 23 of 152
Message 23 of 152

Volte settings need in Sony XA

Don't have options to on volte on network settings. It's really pathetic Sony. I have insert a Reliance Jio sim but can't make calls from Sony Xa bcz sony xa don't have volte network options. I have to download a software from my jio apps then i can call from my xa. It's really irritating Sony... Plz help us..
Apprentice
Message 24 of 152
Message 24 of 152

Re: VOLTE?

*#*#4636#*#* volte was disabled try tiz
Visitor
Message 25 of 152
Message 25 of 152

Sony xperia xa supports Volte?

I'm using sony xperia xa dual sim and Reliance Jio sim, I cant see Enhanced 4G LTE mode under the Mobile Networks.

I already checked "*#4636#*#*, its showing already ON (Turn off Volte provisioned flag)

What can I do to enable Enhanced 4G? or it doesn't support VoLTE? Using jio4gvoice app for calling, it's draining up my battery so fastly
Commissioner
Message 26 of 152
Message 26 of 152

Re: Sony xperia xa supports Volte?

https://goo.gl/photos/2rdALXY2TTw779Yt7
According to three UK the xa is volte capable though they call it 4g super voice(for the non techy peeps) . They say it'll only revert to volte calling if there is no other means of connecting the call normally and are using there own in touch WiFi/volte calling app
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 27 of 152
Message 27 of 152

If using an app, it's not volte, it's a workaround.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 28 of 152
Message 28 of 152

I'm only quoting what my network have told me,they assure me that the xa runs volte on there network but as I live in a good reception area I'm yet to actually try it out
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 29 of 152
Message 29 of 152

http://blog.three.co.uk/2015/04/23/volte-comes-to-three/
They also have a true volte service but, as with most networks, is only working on network branded phones

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 30 of 152
Message 30 of 152

Re: Sony xperia xa supports Volte?

Guys can we call send an email to Sony India to give a software update which makes the phone to support VoLTE or Enhanced 4G capabilities to XA Ultra? I have seen many others maufacturers like Gionee, Oppo, Onleplus are releasing software updates for their customers to enjoy JIO 4G !!Does anyone have email Ids of senio

pavan-a wrote:
I'm using sony xperia xa dual sim and Reliance Jio sim, I cant see Enhanced 4G LTE mode under the Mobile Networks.

I already checked "*#4636#*#*, its showing already ON (Turn off Volte provisioned flag)

What can I do to enable Enhanced 4G? or it doesn't support VoLTE? Using jio4gvoice app for calling, it's draining up my battery so fastly

r folks ?