account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

VOLTE?

Message 131 of 178
Message 131 of 178

Re: VoLTE

It is not volte supported phone. Sony is very bad in this. My phone has too much problem but they don't properly repairing it

Enthusiast
Message 132 of 178
Message 132 of 178

It actually supports VoLTE, but they are too lazy to work on it. No wonder why sony is failing. 

Message 133 of 178
Message 133 of 178

This topic has been discussed and answered multiple times by official Sony Staff representatives. This phone supports VoLTE indeed, but the generic software does not. It's the OPERATOR'S responsibility to provide a customized firmware to make this work.

This is what all the operators around the world do, for example, there are two network providers in the UK who have Xperia XA utilizing VoLTE. The thing is, those operator(s) you have in India are not doing their job and trying to pass it on Sony. You need to push your network provider to customize their own firmware and not expecting other parties to get their job done.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 134 of 178
Message 134 of 178

Then why did sony provide the VoLTE update for Xperia X in December? Why didn't the operator? 

And to your response, i already contacted to my operator many times, they are saying it's sonys responsibilty why would they care. My samsuung phone got the VoLTE update just few days after my operator switched to VoLTE. Even chinese companies have updated their phones to VoLTE, why is sony left behind. So its SONY which is not doing their job and trying to pass it on the operater. Don't blame others for your fault. 

Message 135 of 178
Message 135 of 178

They don't care about customers. 

I will not give single star 🌟 for sony mobile. 

Highlighted
Message 136 of 178
Message 136 of 178

Maybe in u.k. And other countries cellphones are sold by network operator or maybe the firmware is developed by operator not by sony

In india no operator sell sony phones and no operator provide firmware to any other company phone

The phones are sold in india by sony

Firmware is provided by sony

If you had tried everything and have a lot of knowledge

Try to contact sony india local support

They will tell you

1. xa and xa ultra hardware does not support volte

2. We will never provide a volte update

And remeber that xperia x dual sim also came without volte in india but it was provided volte update by sony.

I don't know what is going in other countries

But in india each and every firmware update is customized and provided by sony

Message 137 of 178
Message 137 of 178

Sony is fooling the customer. 

We should not buy sony phone. 

My xperia xa dual is absolutely bad. 

I submitted my phone 4 times in care Centre within one year till it not work properly. 

I want replace now. 

One time poster
Message 138 of 178
Message 138 of 178

Volte

Please make a volte update for xperia xa ultra it is veri disappointed for this phone. Why peoples wast his money. I bought this phone since one month ago but it is the main weakness point of this phone. Peoples injoy volte feature under 8000 rs. phone and hear we wast 25000 thousand but I dont satisfy this phone. If you dont able to make this normal updat so give us a offer to replace it.

Enthusiast
Message 139 of 178
Message 139 of 178

Re: Volte

You picked the wrong device mate,even though XA/XA U supports VoLTE Sony is not gonna enable it.

Learner
Message 140 of 178
Message 140 of 178

Re: VOLTE?

Does Sony Xperia XA Ultra Dual F3216 support VoLte in India ?

My network carrier (Reliance Jio) has already enabled it.

But my device doesn't show options for Enhanced 4G or VoLte.

Please help!