account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update 33.3.A.1.115 for XA (F3111)

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Update 33.3.A.1.115 for XA (F3111)

Yesterday I received a notification that the above update is available for me (the new software was released about a week ago). I cannot install the update neither OTA (wifi or 4g) (could not install) nor via Xperia Companion (after around 20 minutes - Could not donwload). Yried many times, with different laptops, no luck. Anybody else facing the same problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: Update 33.3.A.1.115 for XA (F3111)

Managed to update after re-installing XC 3 times! OTA - no chance. 

17 REPLIES 17
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Maybe try with Flashtool? If You won't select anything in Wipe section, You shouldn't lose Your data (as with update, bootloop is a possibility).

Pioneer
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

@ch3mn3y

Thanx, but I only want to see if anybody else has the problem. An update is supposed to work both OTA and XC. I already addressed the problem to my local support. 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Managed to update after re-installing XC 3 times! OTA - no chance. 

Learner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

I heard that Xperia XA will not get Android 8.0 Oreo update. Is that an end of updates for Xperia XA and  is there  any chance to get some new update after 8.0 Oreo? 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

@Tomislav2 wrote:

I heard that Xperia XA will not get Android 8.0 Oreo update. Is that an end of updates for Xperia XA and  is there  any chance to get some new update after 8.0 Oreo? 

Hi @Tomislav2,

This is correct - at the time of writing, the Xperia XA is not expected to have an Android 8.0 ("Oreo") upgrade made available through "official" (Sony) methods.

You can have a look and see if somewhere like Xda Developers has an Android 8.0 ("Oreo") upgrade available for the Xperia XA - but bear in mind that this will be a Community build; it would not be officially supported or maintained by Sony, there's a small chance it could "brick" (permanently break) your smartphone and some features of your smartphone may not work as well as they do now or at all.

In other words, if you find an Android 8.0 ("Oreo") "ROM" somewhere for your smartphone, you will be performing an upgrade at your own risk.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I don't use illegal updates.

Is it possible that Sony will launch some new update for Xperia XA after 8.0 Oreo? 

Pioneer
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

@Tomislav2 wrote:

I don't use illegal updates.

Is it possible that Sony will launch some new update for Xperia XA after 8.0 Oreo? 

Just so you know, such upgrades are not "illegal", they're just unsupported by "official" channels and not intended for the Everyday Joe/Everyday Sally to use.

As for whether Sony will change their mind, it's very unlikely, if it was not announced the first time around (which it was not).

I've heard of manufacturers deciding to release an upgrade and then later changing their mind and deciding not to release said upgrades (*cough cough* the Xperia PLAY I still have! *cough cough* Angry Face   Angry Face   Angry Face   ), but never the other way around (deciding against releasing an upgrade, then changing their mind and deciding to release the upgrade later)... But there's always a first.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Sony xperia xa new update 33.3 a. 1115 F3116 how to update 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

I also saw on internet that update 33.3.A.1.115 for Xperia XA (F3111,F3113) was out but I couldn´t find how to update. Tried OTA but it says that I already got latest update, also tried via Xperia Companion and the same says.. A quick reply would be great, Sony. Slightly smiling Face