account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unblocking a locked phone

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Unblocking a locked phone

Hello,

I've done something silly and I would be grateful for any resolutions. I blocked my phone whilst trying to unlock it to a different network provider. I've had my handset dot over two years and presumed the unlocking code the phone was asking for was a pack code for that sim. I've just called my network provider and they've given me a code which would unblock it to all network providers but I've stupidly blocked my phone entering the previous code incorrectly. Is there anyway I can unblock my phone so I can enter a different SIM please.

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unblocking a locked phone

I would be grateful for all your help. 

Many thanks Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unblocking a locked phone

Hi @Helpme322, welcome to our forum and sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

If there are no attempts remaining to remove the operator lock on your device, it will need to be sent to an authorized service centre and they may be able to reset the attempts back to 10. It is of course very important when you get the device back that you are 100% sure that you are entering the correct code and it should be 16 digits.

For further assistance with having your device sent in, get in touch with your Local support team and they will gladly assist you with this and answer any questions you may have.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.