account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to update to 7.0

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 351 of 457
Message 351 of 457

Re: I can't update my phone to Android 7

People are saying it was pulled due to Proximity sensor and other issues so that could be the reason you have been reverted back to MM.

Enthusiast
Message 352 of 457
Message 352 of 457

Re: I can't update my phone to Android 7

Yes Sony removed the nougat update ..have to wait till they roll it again .. 

Enthusiast
Message 353 of 457
Message 353 of 457

Re: Unable to update to 7.0

As of now Sony removed the update (nougat) .. link here from xda https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xa/how-to/sony-mobile-stop-android-7-0-nougat-t3624982  ...   many reported so many bugs in nougat update ..but for me no issues till now and it's better than MM.. u can pls check my post here https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA-XA-Ultra/Issues-after-installing-Nougat/td-p/1232824/page/2 ... hope Sony brings back nougat with more stable release for all ...but for all who r going to update pls format and update so that it will be a fresh installation .. 

Visitor
Message 354 of 457
Message 354 of 457

Re: update missing

Why does the update is not available anymore? Thank you for the feedback. 

Talent
Message 355 of 457
Message 355 of 457

Re: Unable to update to 7.0

Not sure what you mean. Xa1 already is shipped with nougat 7.0

Pioneer
Message 356 of 457
Message 356 of 457

Software with issues for a lot of users (not all). New version under construction. It happened in January with Nougat update for Z5 family. 

Visitor
Message 357 of 457
Message 357 of 457

Ah. Ok thank you. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 358 of 457
Message 358 of 457

Re: Android 7.0 Failure

Same with me 

Apprentice
Message 359 of 457
Message 359 of 457

Unable to update Nougat

I had some software problems with my phone(xperia XA dual) after I updated the software to Android 7, so I tried to get software repair from sony service centre. After the software repair, I found that it was reverted to Android 6.

Now when i try to update my device it show that your device is upto date. So let me, how can i get the nougat software i.e Android 7.

One time poster
Message 360 of 457
Message 360 of 457

And how long Z5 users had to wait until they fixed problems?