account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to update to 7.0

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 131 of 457
Message 131 of 457

Re: Unable to update to 7.0

Hey! I had the same problem with you yesterday. I was able to read the updating your phone using your pc. Fortunately, my phone is now using Nougat. If you have desktop/laptop, just connect your phone via USB port, your pc should have the app Xperia Companion. Just follow the on screen instructions. After a few minutes, you're good to go. Trust me, this works.

Learner
Message 132 of 457
Message 132 of 457

Hello please someone help me and give me a solution. My cell phone is the ultra xa and if Android 7.0 was updated, the problem is that after updating my call log does not recognize my contacts. That is to say, when they call me I only see the numbers and it does not say who calls me or the name with which I have it registered, just as when I call, however, I see my contacts and the names come out normal. Please help me to fix it. Since I do not know if I answer the calls anymore because I do not know who's calling. I tried setup but I did not get anything.

One time poster
Message 133 of 457
Message 133 of 457

Re: Phone won't install 7.0

Me too Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 134 of 457
Message 134 of 457

Re: FAILED TO INSTALL ANDROID NOUGAT

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, updated using companion installed in a Windows 10 machine and it worked for me. @Sony team you can suggest this as a temporary workaround for XA users.

Message 135 of 457
Message 135 of 457

Re: Xperia XA Android Nougat 7.0 Update

Biggest problem i found.. After update to Nougat 7.0, it consumes more memory.. Android OS upto 890 MB.. Android System 135 MB..

This Hurts.. Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 136 of 457
Message 136 of 457

Yes. All apps takes more spaces after updating to nougat. 

1. Google play services nearby 400mb

2. Play store 70 mb

3. Chrome 200 mb

Likewise all other apps consumes more space. It's not like this in marshmallow. 

Regular
Message 137 of 457
Message 137 of 457

@praveen_androiddev wrote:

Biggest problem i found.. After update to Nougat 7.0, it consumes more memory.. Android OS upto 890 MB.. Android System 135 MB..

This Hurts.. Slightly frowning Face

And why does this hurt. My average memory use is up to 1.6Gb I always thought this was a good thing since (as I was told) unused ram in Android was wasted ram..... 

Message 138 of 457
Message 138 of 457

If this continues, we gonna face running out of memory issue,hanging issue, apps crashing issues.. 

Sony please help us.. We glad with your Nougat update.. But not with this one.. :/ 

Message 139 of 457
Message 139 of 457

Now I got new update about to 9MB.. Don't know what are the fixes this having.. Will let you know guys.. 

One time poster
Message 140 of 457
Message 140 of 457

I've been notified of the update yesterday and tried at least 5 times to install it manually in my Xperia XA but to no luck. But, what I did was I go to Apps Setting >>  (Menu)  >> Show System >> Software Update >> Storage >> Clear Data. The system will now look for an updated software. I then updated my system on Xperia Companion and it WORKED!!!! I now use Android 7.0 Nougat! Hope this helps!