account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to update to 7.0

SOLVED
Learner
Message 91 of 457
Message 91 of 457

Unable to update to 7.0

Hi...i can't upgrade my xperia xa dual into nougat 7.0. My software updates apps shows that I can upgrade my device into Android system nougat 7.0 . I downloaded the software file 3 times but after downloading the file it's restarting but not installed. It causes 3 GB of my data and moreover I have 2 GB free internal storage.  I can't understand why it happens?? Plz suggest me your best solution... Thank you.

Learner
Message 92 of 457
Message 92 of 457

Re: Xperia XA Android Nougat 7.0 Update

Thank you, SH. I used the Xperia Companion on my laptop. And the installation went slowly, but rather smoothly. I'm amazed at how Nougat crunches down your app size. I've got a lot more storage space now. And it seems to run faster. I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 93 of 457
Message 93 of 457

Re: Could not install noughat

Me too tried 3 times 

Learner
Message 94 of 457
Message 94 of 457

Re: Unable to update to 7.0

@Kemsha wrote:

HelloSlightly smiling Face

Can you share the step by step process on how you installed the latest software using XPERIA COMPANION? I am afraid of the update failure that may turn my device into a brick phone.

Thanks,

Kemuel Tancongco

Kemuel, 

Just follow the instructions on the screen. All you basically have to do is plug in and unplug your phone during the process. If it makes you feel a little bit worried about your phone turning into a black brick, the first time I tried something must have gone wrong, because I waited and waited as the screen told me to do, but nothing happened after a long time. So I canceled the update, restarted my phone and it was still working.  No black brick. So I tried a second time from beginning, followed each step and voila - - installation successful. And I like the result. Don't be afraid. If you are unsuccessful, your Marshmallow will still be there. 

ITC
One time poster
Message 95 of 457
Message 95 of 457

Re: Xperia XA Ultra system update/installation failed

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE . WORKS JUST PERFECT .

One time poster
Message 96 of 457
Message 96 of 457

Error updating of new android nougat

I'd try to download the new update several times but if I try to install it. 

Its failed can someone help me 

Learner
Message 97 of 457
Message 97 of 457

Re: Xperia XA Ultra system update/installation failed

My advice to everyone who is having problems installing Nougat. Use the Xperia Companion on a laptop to download and install it. If you don't have one, find a friend who does. It is easy and painless and you don't have to free half of your storage to do it. I had less than a GB left in my phone and it installed easily. In fact, now I've got almost 2 GBs free!  Nougat crunches app size somehow.  You definitely want it. My phone runs faster now, too. So find that laptop and install it. You won't be sorry. 

One time poster
Message 98 of 457
Message 98 of 457

Re: Xperia XA Android Nougat 7.0 Update

I have updated to nougat yesterday on xperia xa F3111.

First Impressions:

*Performance has been greatly improved and the UI is smooth and fluid

Multi window mode works great

*When using the device, battery life seems like its still the same as before and drains, however, standby has  improved as when left overnight on airplane mode and stamina, only 1% is lost.

*Before the update i had 1.3 gb of free space. After the update i have 3 gb of space without freeing up any space beforehand.

Overall the update has improved the device but battery drain is still an issue!!

Inhabitant
Message 99 of 457
Message 99 of 457

Re: Error updating of new android nougat

Use your PC or Laptop to update your software. Go Here and download the Xperia Companion installer for Windows or Mac. When download completes just install it and open the program. Make sure your device is connected to laptop/PC and battery is above 50% then follow these easy steps:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Software Update > Storage > Clear Data

2. Go to Xperia Companion and just navigate to the Software Update.

3. Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Rookie
Message 100 of 457
Message 100 of 457

Re: Unable to update to 7.0

I had the same issue. Screenshot_20170618-210643.png