account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unable to Delete In built apps in Xperia XA Ultra

Rookie
Message 21 of 43
Message 21 of 43

Re: Unable to Delete In built apps in Xperia XA Ultra

> kassem277
> You were aware of how much internal storage was available when you bought it.

No you're not - that's the entire point he's making.  The phone is marketed as having 16GB.  No where does anything tell you that only 8GB of that is usable.

Rookie
Message 22 of 43
Message 22 of 43

One time poster
Message 23 of 43
Message 23 of 43

Uninstall application

How can I uninstall pre-installed apps and claim storage space?
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 24 of 43
Message 24 of 43

As many are aware, there are power consumption problems with the XA. My next phone will not be a sony, not because of the power issue, but because I feel more strongly about not being able to uninstall bloatware. In fact there are some apps you can't even disable like Whatsnew.
Visitor
Message 25 of 43
Message 25 of 43

RAM usage

Android os is using too much of RAM, almost 2
Visitor
Message 26 of 43
Message 26 of 43

Re: RAM usage

Almost over 1gb , and even battery usage is increased.
Emperor
Message 27 of 43
Message 27 of 43

Re: RAM usage

@Danny73

Which Xperia do you have? 

Android version?

Build number?

@Danny73 wrote:
Android os is using too much of RAM, almost 2

@Danny73 wrote:
Almost over 1gb , and even battery usage is increased.

1 or 2 GB?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 28 of 43
Message 28 of 43

Internal storage size xa ultra

Hello
I just got the xa ultra phone and found out that internal memory which is supposed to be 16g is showing 10g when I use third party apps to check. The phone diagnostic fact page also tell me something like 1.12g used out of 10g. However, checking in the memory and storage section of settings, it says 7.7g used out of 16g.
I am really confused as other Xperia phones I have will report same memory storage irrespective of using third party apps like ES explorer or from the phone fact page.
I am thinking of returning the phone.
Please has anyone experienced this before or could it be the third party apps are made to only read the free memory only?
Visitor
Message 29 of 43
Message 29 of 43

Re: Xperia xz (problems and lagg)

Almost 1 gb
I have Xperia xa
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 43
Message 30 of 43

Unwanted Apps

There are many apps pre-installed or unwanted apps in this device by Sony and Google . It consumes more than 1GB. Please give space and choice for customers to select apps to install or uninstall.