account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

One time poster
Message 31 of 39
Message 31 of 39

Re: Xperia XA ultra display with white lines

I am also facing the same issue. Has Anyone got the problem solved.

@scoum63 wrote:

Hello we have some white blurry lines on my sister's xperia x, is there something to do?

20171119_140454_resized.jpg

20171119_140524_resized.jpg20171119_140556_resized.jpg

Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 39
Message 32 of 39

Hi @AkshayD, I am sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

If you take a screenshot, it does not appear in them - right? Similar to other user reports here in the thread. If it is physical (does not show up in screenshots), then I am sorry to say that I can only refer you to have your device sent in to an authorized service center so that a technician can examine it for you. Slightly frowning Face

The easiest way to have your device sent in to an authorized service center is by getting in touch with your Local support team and asking them to assist you. They are well informed in regards to local warranty terms, service routines and consumer laws.

Let me know how it went!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 33 of 39
Message 33 of 39

Re: Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

How was this issue resolved for you?

Message 34 of 39
Message 34 of 39

I had loads of vertical lines, I went into display, set white balance higher, (3 colours up a bit) and image enhancment for photos and videos. They seem to be in the back ground I hardly notice, they are still there. Don't know if it will work for anyone else worth a try. I had double images before, then vertical lines OK now.

One time poster
Message 35 of 39
Message 35 of 39

My phone fell inside the water now have the stripes on the screen what can I do

One time poster
Message 36 of 39
Message 36 of 39

@AkshayD wrote:

@scoum63 wrote:

Hello we have some white blurry lines on my sister's xperia x, is there something to do?

@AkshayD wrote:

@scoum63 wrote:

Mine just disappeared, I noticed it changed back to normal screen after I used flashlight. 

Rookie
Message 37 of 39
Message 37 of 39

Got the same exact problem with my Sony XA Ultra 😢

One time poster
Message 38 of 39
Message 38 of 39

I have a sony xperia m4 aqua experiencing the same blurred vertical lines and some after images. I have tried the following with no success at all:

i. Reboot the phone;

ii. Update the software;

iii. Turn off all developer options; and

iv. Change themes.

The only thing that has worked partially is adjusting the white balance. The problem with this alternative is twofold: (i) it does not fix the whole problem (you can still see some white lines and the after image); and (ii) everytime that the phone is rebootted, the problem appears again and you have to adjust the white balance again.

I live in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and I have contacted Sony's authorized service center in Buenos Aires but received a shocking response: They did not even want to take a look at the phone since the phone was purchased in the US and not in Argentina. I thougth that Sony was a worlwide company ...

Could you please help me?

Rookie
Message 39 of 39
Message 39 of 39

Re: My Xperia XA ultra have blurred vertical lines on its display

Exactly the same problem with mine... Been a SONY user and lover and never had a problem before. But now I encountered issues with my husbands phone and mine. But with my husband we sent it to the local service center and it was gone for a month before they repaired and returned it to us. To my surprise my phone got blurred, snowy or like it has a ghost screen underneath or its like a television having a poor frequency signal.

Pla help...