account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

Learner
Message 11 of 36
Message 11 of 36

Re: Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

UPDATE: Screen doesn't flicker anymore and now this is the real deal. Screenshot_20170723-145339.png

Screenshot_20170723-144843.png

Learner
Message 12 of 36
Message 12 of 36

My Xperia XA ultra have blurred vertical lines on its display

Hello there! I am a Sony phone lover for 10 yrs. I never got any issue since then but now  I've been experiencing problem on my phone's display which is just 5 months old.. It has white blurred vertical lines on it.. I've tried using it on a safe mode but still nothing happens. Please help.

(Note:Never get dropped or bumped) 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 36
Message 13 of 36

Re: My Xperia XA ultra have blurred vertical lines on its display

Hi @karenmcerv, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Just so that I understand you correctly, is this present in all apps? Could you take a screenshot and see if it appears in the screenshot? If it's present in all apps and does not appear in screenshots, then it seems like it is hardware related and actually on the display itself. 

For hardware related cases, I am sorry to say that I can only refer you to get in touch with your Local support for further assistance in having the device repaired. They are well informed when it comes to local service routines, warranty terms and consumer laws and will be able to tell if you may have your device repaired.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 14 of 36
Message 14 of 36

Hello Emir!! 

Thanks for your response.. 

I got your message and followed your instructions. Sadly it seems that it was a display problem because after I had the screen shots nothing appears on it. Just hoping that I'll have a good Local Support here.. 

Visitor
Message 15 of 36
Message 15 of 36

I am experiencing the same issue with my sony xa ultra. What could have caused this problem and how to fix this? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 36
Message 16 of 36

@karenmcerv Yes in that case it sounds like it would be best to get in touch with the local support team in order to be assisted in having the device sent to service. Slightly frowning Face

Hi @Jushua, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this as well.

I am sorry to say that there is not much else I can refer you to aside from what I mentioned in my post here. Slightly frowning Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 17 of 36
Message 17 of 36

Yeah.. I'll have my phone scheduled for checking and repair on September. As for Jushua, if the blurred lines bothered you so much I would suggest that you make your display - brightness setting on it's maximum level. It works on my phone. I hope it will help😊☺️

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 36
Message 18 of 36

@karenmcerv sounds good, let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 19 of 36
Message 19 of 36

for anyone struggling with this issue which makes me think its software , in Developer Options tap on "White Ballance" and make all numbers the same (like 34) 

One time poster
Message 20 of 36
Message 20 of 36

My Xperia XA is having blurred vertical lines. Tried opening in safe mode, its still the same. those blurred lines are appearing in screenshots too! please help.