account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

Highlighted
Message 1 of 39
Message 1 of 39

Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

Screen is snowy and has a blurred vertical lines on both sides. White line appears at the bottom everytime I touch the screen

38 REPLIES 38
Emperor
Message 2 of 39
Message 2 of 39

Re: Sony Xperia XA with blurred vertical lines

@NoticeMeSenpai

Settings > developer options > turn them off

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 39
Message 3 of 39

Hi @NoticeMeSenpai and welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear this.

As @uliwooly suggested you can turn off the developer options in your device to see if they are causing this behavior. To do so go to: Settings > Developer options > Off. Note that if you cannot find developer options under settings they are already disabled.

You can also reboot your device to safe mode to see if this behavior is caused by one your downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 4 of 39
Message 4 of 39

The blurred lines worsen. Instead of having vertical lines, now its having multiple horizontal blurred lines occupying the whole screen. Just like a television screen that is getting a poor reception. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 39
Message 5 of 39

@NoticeMeSenpai

that seems to be a hardware issue, does this happen only when the camera its open or all the time? have you followed our suggestions?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 39
Message 6 of 39

It happens all the time. When I turn on the screen, blurred lines appear

Emperor
Message 7 of 39
Message 7 of 39

@NoticeMeSenpai

You could repair the device with XC >>> Xperia Companion but this seems to be hardware related and you need to get it inspected by your Local support

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 39
Message 8 of 39

@NoticeMeSenpaiI'm sorry for the late reply.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior it is most likely as @uliwooly suggested related to your devices hardware. You can as he said perform a software repair using Xperia Companion to rule out that anything software related is causing this behavior.

If it is still the same after doing so. I also recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for further troubleshooting and repair.

Let  us know how it works out.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 9 of 39
Message 9 of 39

Im also having the same problem now. The screen is blurry and vertical black lines are in my screen. And when I change from screen to screen, there is like an afterimage. And sometimes the screen edges pulsates. I mean the picture is you know. Screenshot_20170723-134353.pngWish you can see the white line

Screenshot_20170723-134400.pngAnd this black verti lines

One time poster
Message 10 of 39
Message 10 of 39

I have the same problem with Sony xperia xa ultra dual