account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia XA bent automatically and half screen blackenes

Adviser
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Sony Xperia XA bent automatically and half screen blackenes

After using my sony xperia for 3 month, all of sudden phone screen become half black as if it has been burned. And on the rest part of the screen, graphic is disturbed. Not just this the phone phone bent automatically. There was no heating when all this happened. Phone was working smoothly since it was unboxed.

I am deeply afraid after the incident. The faulty engineered phone from sony would have exploded in my hands. Sony shoule look inside the matter and callback all other pieces
26 REPLIES 26
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Sony Xperia XA bent automatically and half screen blackenes

@chiragiem36

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but this is not a transformer, it won't bend on its own, either you sat on it or you had it in your pocket when you were squatting and you bent the phone. 

@chiragiem36 wrote:

I am deeply afraid after the incident. The faulty engineered phone from sony would have exploded in my hands. Sony shoule look inside the matter and callback all other pieces

As for your last comment, you have a Sony phone NOT Samsung. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

same stupid reply from Stupid sony representatives. So what do think, samsung owner carry bombs with themselves that it the whole phone had a blast.
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

If i that phone had killed me you would have said that I must be a terrorist
Talent
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Sorry but devices don't bend on there own and your clearly not uri gella..
Genius
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Hello @chiragiem36!

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

In order to get this sorted out I can only refer you to have your device sent to one of our authorized service centres for examination. 

I'm not sure where you are situated but in order to get information on how to proceed with sending in your device I would recommend that you contact your Local support team as they will have more information on local warranty and service procedures.

I know sending in your phone is never fun but in this case it is necessary in order for a service center to examine and perform repairs on your device. Let me know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

The only way I can guess that the phone can bend by itself is if you were using it (for a long time) while it was still charging.

Doing this can sometimes wreck the battery inside mobile phones. - To such an extent that the battery distorts and tries

to push out of it's casing. Thereby bending the case (or cracking if plastic casing).

This has happend to my mate's phone, and the battery and case had to be replaced.

Adviser
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

No sir....
I can clearly give you the detail of that day ..... Last night when I slept the batter was around 7% which on morning dropped to 2% as I never charge the phone which sleeping. And little use of phone in morning and phone is out of power. After 3-4 hours put the phone on charge to 57%. I am a web developer, so majority of my day is spent on laptop only. Then at around 2-3pm I put my phone on hotspot till 5-5:30pm. And no phone heats up when put on hotspot, I had used many phone for more than 6hrs on hotspot in past. Then at 5:30 I went to a store, to get something to eat. I was sitting there with phone on my right hand. I checked feeds on Google Now and then locked the phone. After few second when I unlocked it again there was a colourful spot on screen. I thought it to be a software failure, so I locked and unlocked the phone again. It it didn't solved the problem. So I restarted the device. as soon as it restarted, within a second half the screen become black, rest was visible but not clear, disturbed.
I showed it to the shop owner and that's when I observed that it had got bent. The shop owner kicked me out of his store immediately, afraid that phone might be blast
Adviser
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

I am a very light user. There is no game in my device. In fact no Facebook, Twitter and instagram
Adviser
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

I don't remember when was the last time I faced heating of my phone on its surface