account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony XA Keyboard Not Working

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony XA Keyboard Not Working

The XA is awful! I have reset the phone and still my keyboard does not let me type half the time and the other half of the time it decides to type whatever it wants! As I have just reset the phone I doubt this can be a virous and having just come from an iphone to this I am disgusted that the functionality of the phone is this bad.

Does anyone know what the issue is as I cannot even use this phone anymore and have no spare phone I am just so frustrated. All of my friends rave about their Sony phone but I am just angry at the moment. In order to get it fixed I may have to send it off which means no phone for 2 weeks while I still have to pay my phone bill which is rediculous!

Please someone help!

9 REPLIES 9
Talent
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony XA Keyboard Not Working

Just download "Xperia keyboard 7.3.A.0.54". Use Google to search it
Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Does your phone has a protective case, film, glass? 

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

My Xa ultra's keyboard lost it's sensitivity after the last upgrade.. And many of users suffer from this situation. Beside this problem, the stamina mod is not save battery enough.. How can I contact with Sony?
One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I'm having issues with mine too. Downloaded a software update saturday night and since then keyboard has been all over the place doing random things. Home button doesn't work either.I also tried resetting it twice now but the problem persists. Any advice would be appreciated

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Sony Xperia Xa Ultra Chronic Signalization Problem

Hello everyone. I'm living in Turkey. I bought  Sony Xperia Xa Ultra three months before. Since than it has a chronic signalization problem.. Not only me, there are hundreds of people who suffer from this problem..Moreover , it has also have touch screen problem.. Secreen is barely perceiving my finger. I need to turn the phone off and then on. However, Sony did nothing about this problem. You know Samsung recalled all note 7 cellphones due to battery problem.. Sony couldn't be as big as Samsung.. Please help the people who bought Sony Xperia Xa Ultra which has a chronic signalization problem..

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Re: Sony Xperia Xa Ultra Chronic Signalization Problem

@Oğuzhan

Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test WiFi and the touchscreen 

then

boot in >>> safe mode and test it again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I don't know why Sony changed Xperia Keyboard with Swiftkey Keyboard in Xperia XA ! Xperia Keyboard was great

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@Pars987

This is a user based forum, no one can answer that question here, you could however, contact Sony directly >>> Local support

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Download Sony companion for Windows and choose fix, or repair firmware, software. It fixed my issue . Which was a keyboard issue