account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SONY XA battery % performance bug???!!!

Regular
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

SONY XA battery % performance bug???!!!

HI here,happy new year allSlightly smiling Face

i have xperia XA and i found it have some battery problem when 83% and 50%

it will gose down to 82% and 49% within seconds.....and other persent all using normal....by the way i try to  fix it with PCC .but it failed ,the problem still........(still have problem in 83% and 50%)

is it bug in Android 6.0???(it doesn't release android 7.0 in my country)

22 REPLIES 22
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: SONY XA battery % performance bug???!!!

Hi @adam80829,

Welcome to the community.

The battery level sometimes decreases or increases between 5 and 20% when restarting a device using the software it was originally released with. However, the battery level hasn’t really changed, and over time the battery indicator will be adjusted back to the correct level.

To make sure that the correct battery level is displayed, try these steps one after the other. Check whether the problem was solved after each step, before trying the next one.

• Note down the battery level shown when you restart or force a restart. When the device has been turned back on again, check if the battery level has changed. Differences of less than five percentages are normal. 
  • Fully drain the battery, then charge it to 100%. If possible, disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged. Tip: You can install an app from Google Play that triggers an alarm or notification when the battery is fully charged. 
  • Update your Xperia device to a new software version using Xperia Companion.
  • Restart your Xperia device in Safe mode. In Safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications that were already installed when you purchased your device. If the device’s performance improves in Safe mode, it’s likely that one or more of your post-purchase downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively. Proceed by uninstalling any interfering apps.
  • Perform a factory data reset or perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Note! Always back up all personal data before performing a software repair. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a software repair. Content on an external SD card is kept.
  • Contact your retailer or a Sony Mobile repair partner. Note! Before handing the phone over for service, back up all your data to avoid possible data loss. Data on the device may get deleted when examined. Don't forget to bring proper documentation, for example, proof of purchase and warranty card. The documentation required may vary depending on market, country or region. If possible, deactivate the Protection by my Xperia and remove the Google accounts on your device before sending it in for service or repair to prevent Protection by my Xperia or Google Device Protection from locking your device.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Thanks your reply:
I have try some your suggestions
The step one I have try and it doesn't have any problem,but 83%and 49% bug didn't fixed

Step two I will try it tonight (but will it damage my battery?!)

Step three I have update to the newest version now (my country release to 6.0 but still no 7.0)

Step four I have experience in safe mode but it still have this problem in 83% and 49%

Step five I have done too,but didn't solved my problem

Step six I go to the sony repair company yesterday and he said he thought it isn't a big problem,and said my battery still have good healthy,he thought it just a firewarm bug,…and tell me wait to update to solved this problem
Adviser
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Battery Drain

I take it this is a rich subject?? I am new to this forums, got my phone on 1/1/2017 ..... So I have a brand new Sony Xperia XA.

Problem I am having with it, on a full charge of battery (100%), the battery tells me I have 20HRS of battery life. I leave the phone, with EVERYTHING disabled and ONLY my WI FI enabled .... and from 2HRS, my battery already dropped 20%+. And all my phone does is lie there on the table??

Other friends of mine also with Android version 6.0.1 has 2-3 Days of battery life?? How even??

On the overview page of Sony XA it states that it has 2+ Days of battery life, I can not even get 6HRS of battery life and all my phone does is lie on the table.

Here are the apps that came with the contract phone. Can anyone help me with apps that is not needed so I can stop or uninstall them??

1. Sony Account Manager

2. Album

3. Amazon Shopping

4. Android System Web View

5. Appstore

6. AR Effect

7. AVG Protection

8. Backup +

9. Calculator

10. Calendar

11. Camera

12. Chrome

13. Clock

14. Contacts

15. Deezer

16. Docs

17. Downloads

18. Drive

19. Dropbox

20. Email

21. Facebook

22. FM Radio

23. Games

24. Gmail

25. Google App

26. Google Play Movies

27. Google Play Music

28. Google Play Services

29. Google Play Store

30. Google Text-To-Speech Engine

31. Greenify

32. Hangouts

33. Lounge

34. Maps

35. Memory

36. Messaging

37. Messaging Service

38. Messenger

39. Movie Creator

40. Music

41. My Vodacom

42. News Suite

43. Photos

44. Playstation App

45. Pokemon Go

46. Protect

47. Settings

48. Shazam

49. Sheets

50. Sim Toolkit

51. Sketch

52. Slides

53. Software Update

54. Start

55. Start Widget

56. Steam

57. Support

58. Swiftkey Keyboard

59. TalkBack

60. TrakID

61. Video

62. Video and TV SideView

63. Vlive!

64. Weather

65. Whats New

66. Whatsapp

67. Xperia Tips

68. Xperia Tips Service

69. Xperia Transfer Mobile

70. YouTube

My Xperia XA came pre-installed with all those apps I just listed ACCEPT for

1. Whatsapp

2. Facebook

3. Shazam

4. Pokemon Go

5. Greenify

Those 5 apps I downloaded for myself. I used Greenify cause I heard it stops applications and safes battery life and blah blah blah. That app did not work for me, and even Hibranating all my apps, still makes my battery drain SUPER FAST

Adviser
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Myself also has a HUGE battery problem on Android 6.0.1

My friend which is on a diff phone but same android version, had is battery at 10% today, where as mine was at 100%. At the end of the day (8HRS past) my battery was COMPLETELY drained and my friends phone was at 4%.

My phone was just lying in the office on the table whole day long, not even using it. After checking my battery stats, here is what I found

Screen

7%

Cell Standby

1%

Phone Idle

1%

Pokemon Go

1%

So where did the rest of my battery life go?? My phone is BRAND NEW, I made the purchase on 01/01/2017 which is about a week back

Regular
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Hi sparky862
I try all xperia support suggestions but it didn't solved,hope Sony can fix this bug in Android 7.0…
By the way my phone didn't have the same problem like you,i just have battery drain problem in some percentages,i thought you can try to fix your phone with the PCC or try to go to settings to turn off some service and WIFI setting,and you will get a good battery life
Adviser
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

How do you fix your phone with a PC??

I do not have anything running at all, my battery just get saps down

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Re: Battery Drain

@Sparky862

There are apps that will run in the background even if you don't open them. 

Do the following 

Charge the phone 100% > use the phone as you normally would > once the battery reaches 10% (do not charge the phone) > take screenshots of 

settings > battery > tap on the battery icon 

screenshots of

the graph

tap on the top 6 items on the list and take screenshots

post them all here. 

Also, settings > about phone  > status > signal strength

on a side note

1. Whatsapp

2. Facebook

3. Shazam

4. Pokemon Go

5. Greenify

Those apps are terrible with batteries with any smartphone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Greenify is suppose to be a app to stop background applications, and only run them when you need them??

As of today before charge, this is what my battery stats said

Screen

7%

Cell Standby

1%

Phone Idle

1%

Pokemon Go

1%

With the graph going down at a steep 45 degree angle

Emperor
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

@Sparky862

Make sure to post the screenshots

also, taskillers, battery apps do my harm than help, and if you kill and app, it will drain more battery/power when it re-open soon after. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)