account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problem with android N xa ultra after update (error 506 google play)

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Problem with android N xa ultra after update (error 506 google play)

After update my device xa ultra i cant update some apps ... I did everything but it still doesnt work. 

Someone have the same problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Learner
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem with android N xa ultra after update (error 506 google play)

Yup.

It's because the apps are stored on your SD card. If you move whichever app you're having an issue with, to internal storage then try update, it'll work. Of course after the update, you could always transfer back to SD card again. 

I'm finding it's with twitter, instagram, twitch. Maybe even Adobe. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@pacrifice your suggestion is not the permanent solution me too facing the same problem after updating to android N.this is should be addressed by SONY

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Yeah, you are right. I faced the same problem after updating, and I believe that Sony is responsible for that. That makes me disappointed πŸ˜₯. I faced many other problems with android 7 like apps freezing and wifi weakness and others. 

And the worst thing is that I can't undergrad. 

Sony please help. 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@Jenami----U can see many users like us facing issues after upgrading to nougat but still SONY is not

providing any patch/update to resolve this issue.We also wont know whether they are making note of these issues or not.SONY seems to be stubborn and reluctatnt to customer woes.

I dont know why they have created this forum? even after posting a common issue faced by multiple users still there is no acknowledgement message from SONY.Simply they are testing thre loyality of customers.

Visitor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: SONY(EXPERTS/MODERATORS) PLS RESPOND-RESPOND TO ISSUES POST NOUGAT UPDATE

I've done all this steps before. Didn't help me

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

S even i gave this issue... Sony needs to bring a patch as soon as possible.. But did anyone noticed that it doesn't happen with google apps like Gmail, Google, YouTube etc.. Also as sone one said moved the apps to internal storage and updated. Hurray. It got updated. But it's difficult to always moving to internal b4 updating and then to sd card aft updation.. 😬 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@JackXAUltra- I m facing the same problem,let see whether sony is providing any patch or not.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

After installing 7.0 successfully, many apps won't upgrade, getting a -506 error code

After installing 7.0 successfully, many apps won't upgrade, getting a -506 error code.

I have a clue. It seems that all the applications that fail to upgrade were moved to SD Card. So I moved one back to main memory an it updated successfully. This is bad, I can not do this procedure for every single app I have installed and moved to SD Card.

My phone is 16 Gb and free memory is at a premium, adding the hassle to move apps to upgrade is unacceptable.

Suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.