account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Not charging properly and sudden shut down

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Not charging properly and sudden shut down

I've been experiencing some problems with my phone lately. Few days ago my battery won't charge properly. It takes 2-3 hours longer than usual before fully charge and then drains drastically in just a few minutes. The next day it suddenly shut down without any reason at all, I was sure it wasn't lowbat and there were no more than two running apps. I turned it on and it worked properly but after a while it kept on shutting down, maybe a 3-5 hours interval. So, I turned off the wifi and I closed all running apps and it's even on airplane mode just to see if it's causing the sudden shut down but despite all of these my phone still shut down, again! I tried to remove the sim and memory card yet it showed no difference. Actually it got worse because my phone kept shutting down after 1-2 minutes after being turned on. Then I noticed that the upper  back portion of my phone started to heat up drastically eventhough I just turned it on and that is when my phone shuts down. And now, it wouldn't turn on at all! I have no idea what caused this problem. I hope to hear some answers  and ideas first before I go to a local support. I'm also quite disappointed because my phone is not even one year old, yet I'm already experiencing these problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Not charging properly and sudden shut down

You might want to try a software 'repair', but in your case you can't backup anything. If you take it to a service center they will do it anyway. If you will not be able to perform software repair (because it might shutdown during process) then I think it's a hardware problem and the only solution is service center. 

6 REPLIES 6
Learner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Same thing has been happening to me since yesterday, The Xperia logo apears when turning it on but then immediately shuts down. Would be great if there's an easy solution.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

With the phone off, keep power and volume up buttons pressed together until the phone vibrates 3 times. Then power on the phone (if it has battery - if not plug it in and wait at least 10 minutes before turn on). Maybe it helps. 

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi, thanks. I tried it but no improvement. My phone still heated up and shut down 30secs right after I turned it on. Tried to do it thrice but no luck, it keeps on shutting down.

Pioneer
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

You might want to try a software 'repair', but in your case you can't backup anything. If you take it to a service center they will do it anyway. If you will not be able to perform software repair (because it might shutdown during process) then I think it's a hardware problem and the only solution is service center. 

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yes, I guess so. I was hoping for other ideas but got the same. Thank you so much, btw.

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Update. i just got my phone from SONY support center and it was good as new. Itwas working really well. I checked it carefully before leaving the shop. But after using it for quite a while like playing games, it began to heat up again and it started to restart again and again. Must say that my phone is not actual repaired for good, yet. Quite dissapointed with Sony servies I need to go back again and surrender my phone.