account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Mobile data not working after update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 60
Message 1 of 60

Mobile data not working after update

Today, I Updated my Xperia XA to 7.0 (nougat) and movil data does not World... I Called to my Internet provier and restared movil settings, and anything Works.... is it an update problem? thanks For your help Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 60
Message 2 of 60

Re: Mobile data not working after update

Hi @AnCello, sorry to hear about this.

Do I understand correctly that is it mobile data that isn't working after you have updated your phone to Android 7.0? If that is the case, try downloading the Internet settings in your device again.

You can do so if you go to Settings > More > Internet settings > Accept. Wait for them to be downloaded and installed and then reboot your phone and see if that works.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 60
Message 2 of 60

Hi @AnCello, sorry to hear about this.

Do I understand correctly that is it mobile data that isn't working after you have updated your phone to Android 7.0? If that is the case, try downloading the Internet settings in your device again.

You can do so if you go to Settings > More > Internet settings > Accept. Wait for them to be downloaded and installed and then reboot your phone and see if that works.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 3 of 60
Message 3 of 60

Thanks, its already solved 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 60
Message 4 of 60

Hi again and I'm glad to hear that your mobile data connection is now working again! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else!

Learner
Message 5 of 60
Message 5 of 60

Hi there!

I had the same problem, after de upgrade the mobile data stop working, I did what you said about downloading the Internet settings, and it works for a while. But now, a week after, I have the problem again... so I download the internet settings but this time it doesn't work... I can make calls, but the mobile data are death.....  I already try my sim card (chip), in other mobile phone and it wokrs perfectly.

Can you help me please?

Rookie
Message 6 of 60
Message 6 of 60

I have the same problem, is there another way to solve the problem? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 60
Message 7 of 60

Hi @cmborja, sorry to hear about this.

When you tried to download the Internet settings again, did you see any error messages or did the settings download and install as expected? If they installed without any error messages, try rebooting your phone and see if you can access the Internet using mobile data. If you were faced with an error message, try downloading them while connected to a Wi-Fi network.

If it still doesn't work, could you please try with another SIM card in your phone and download the Internet settings again > reboot your phone and see if you then are able to access the Internet using mobile data.

@Grimaldo, sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried downloading the Internet settings once again in your phone? You can do that in Settings > More > Internet settings. Wait for the settings to be downloaded and installed and then reboot your phone once.

Let me know how it works out for both of you!

Learner
Message 8 of 60
Message 8 of 60

Hi @Jonas

Well, I did everything that you said, but nothing works, so I had to use the last resource and I apply the Factory Reset using the "Software Repair" option in the Xperia Companion... and it works.

So, definitely the problem is the update version.

Thanks for your support.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 60
Message 9 of 60

Hi again @cmborja,

I'm glad to hear that it is working now again, sorry that you had to perform a software repair however to get it to work.

I'm very thankful that you had the time to get back to me with how you solved this and I hope other users can find this information helpful! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day and thanks once again!

One time poster
Message 10 of 60
Message 10 of 60

Can't use my cell data

Hi all my name is Caesar, i have the Xperia XA and after the last software update i Can't use my cell data, anyone can tell me how to fin this problem please?