account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issues after installing Nougat

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: Issues after installing Nougat

I am back in lover with my XA Ultra after the 7.0 upgrade.  Internal space is still not great, but it's a whole lot better than before.  I can now install several more apps.  Interface is a lot better looking and the battery seems to last longer.

I was about ready to root my phone up until yesterday as I saw that as the only way to remove useless bloatware.  I wasn't crazy about tdoing it due to the warranty voiding.  No longer a problem.

Thanks, Sony.  You still should have gone with larger internal storage but this upgrade is a big step in the right direction.

One time poster
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

After updat nougat in xperia xa

1.mobil heating very high in normal using 

2. Battery is draining very fast use with power saving mod on

3. Improve charging time & capacity 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Re: After updat nougat in xperia xa

Many ring tones and notification tones are missing after updating to 7.0. It's very disappointing. Only few tones are available for selection. 

Anyone have this issues. 

Q81
Apprentice
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

Me too 

UNM
Adviser
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

The proximity censor issue solved by itself it seems after couple of days of using and few shutdown and restarts.

Many complained about battery issue, but fortunately for me battery performance improved significantly, so is the interface speed.

@Q81 wrote:

Me too 

Adviser
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

Yah

One time poster
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

I have a problem after install nougat in my xperia xa

Cant see who is calling me, i dont know who is calling me because only show the number, not the name. I can see my contacts normaly, all my contacts still in my list. but if somebody call me the name dont appear, only the number.

how i can fix this pls. 

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

Re: After updat nougat in xperia xa

Hi to all here ..

whether it is xperia xa or xa ultra , for updating to nougat pls follow these steps 

1. back up everything including your contacts, msgs, and all your fav apps

2. now go to settings, then to factory reset 

3. this reset will erase everything in your internal storage and don worry abt anything that is present in the memory card

4. now downlaod the nougat update thro mob or using xperia companion

5. install and enjoy it 

even i failed to update nearly 8 times and then got this method from xda friends 

my feeling abt the nougat update for my xperia xa ultra 

1. good ui, with multi screen, multi tasking

2. better battery backup

3. better storage management (can disable apps that v don use which is present already in MM but then now v get more space-previously it was 13 to 14 gb used now its is abt 10 to 11 gb only with same apps)

4. even ram also being used less

5. phone is fluidic and smooth

6. no issues with any sensors or blutooth or nfc or hotspot or what so ever

7. no heating issues, no force closes

so far no issues to report except when switching on data or wifi from the notification screen need to slide the bar to switch it on. that said it is an extra key press from MM to nougat .. in MM if v touch data or wifi it gets switched on but here it again go to a slider there v need to slide to switch on.

but trivia is at sometimes it works in single touch if v pull the notification panel a little and not fully  (where only 4 to 5 switches ll be availbale) .. 

nee to test a little bit ,, and at present i enjoy the nougat . thanks sony :-)

One time poster
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

heaaaaaaat

After update...its become sooooo hot even in normal use...and battery draining faster than android 6...made factory reset and still problems...what can i do? Mine f3212

yce
Commissioner
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Dearest SONY,

Thank you for the 7(.131) Nougat update, it works very well. Still I have some few more things to add for making better updates and even better devices. So:

1) Sound in call (for XA) - even if I am in a quiet room, the volume gets up and down instantly without any cause or any action from me.

2.a) XA camera has two very interesting modes: Soft Skin and Soft Snap. Both are very promising but the result are the same as other modes. I really enjoy having soft pictures (noiseless) day and night and those two should do the job, but it's not like it should be... Please add softness to the entire picture by at least one of these two shooting modes!
b) Saving camera module keep having problems. The exif data of older photos is added to the latest photo, having the same recording number. For example: 1 picture took as dsc0001 will have the same thumbnail and exif (iso) data, same as previous as dsc0001 even that are took in very different light conditions (usually I detele them after shootings - that is why I found this issue). More than that, the numbering resets itself after deleting all the pictures from the storage folder (and the limit is only at dsc9999). That is not ok SONY for a dedicated Sony camera user!
c) XA seems to have 2 kind of processing: one without zoom, and one starting at 1.1x zoom. The one without zoom has more noise that the one with zoom, at least on landscape - and that is awesome! But using macro and zoom the DOF becomes distorted by some weird spots of colour mixture getting the entire epicture - being useless to use. It's like dropping a hot coffee pot on your clothes. Shots look bad. Please SONY check why is that and fix it!

3) XA has a plastic protection (like Z5 models had - in my opinion being the biggest mistake ever) and because of the sunlight warming it exfoliates in some very weird way, also scratches are very easy to make. This model has a very nice camera and it's such a pitty to have this issue too! Form now on SONY, please put a glass camera protector on every device!

Having these honest and tested facts said, please take note to improve software and also the materials for the future devices.
All the best SONY!
Thank you!
Alex