account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to remove all annoying ads that pop on my phone

Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: How to remove all annoying ads that pop on my phone

Hi i have posted a screen shot of a pop up ad further down this thread 👍😀

Emperor
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

@AtomicBlondie 

I see the screenshot but do test your phone in safe mode and report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Pioneer
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Popups mostly appear only after you have given permission on a website to receive push notifications.

Like on the screen shot or as mentioned before from apps.

You can start by going to settings, do a search for notifications (tap on magnifying glass) and switch off all kind of notifications.

You have to do the same for all apps too.

Screenshot_20190313-225502.png

You can also take a look at app permissions.

It's very interesting to have some insight in where you allow apps to gather information from.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Hi. I restarted phone in safe mode and left it for a few hrs using it occasionally. There were no pop up ads at all. I have restarted it agsin as normal and deleted 6 of the latest apps I had installed. Then bam!! Another pop up for dog food. This has not happened in the time I've had my phone. TIA 😡🤔

Pioneer
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

If it looks like dogfood, feels like dogfood, tastes like dogfood,... it IS dogfood.

Looks like you have been targeted by Pedigree.

Maybe this will bring some relief:

Goto settings, apps & notifications, special app access, display over other apps and grant less permissions

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your reponses. I have tried and tested all your solutions and up intill now all seems well!!!

Once again guys thanks without id be tearing my hair out and probably throwing phone at the wall. Lol. 

XX