account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to remove all annoying ads that pop on my phone

Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: How to remove all annoying ads that pop on my phone

@Sharllo

Adds are usually generated by 3rd party apps, especially the untrusted ones. You have to figure out which app is causing those adds to appear, so start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Hi @Sharllo,

As @Quester pointed out, these adds most likely come from one or more apps you have installed on your device. You can test this if you reboot your device to safe mode and see if you get the same pop up adds in this mode.

If you don't get any adds in safe mode I recommend that you look over your installed apps until you find the one/ones that are causing this behavior.

If however you still get these pop ups in safe mode it would be great if you could share a screenshot of how it looks. You can take a screenshot by pressing volume down and the on/off key on the side of your device simultaneously on the side of your device.

Keep us posted how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

i already reformat my phone and my only problem is the ads in my google chrome .

how can i stop that ads

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

If you get adds in when using Google Chrome it could be that you get ads depending on what websites you  visit. This is nothing that your phone decides but the websites themselves.

If you don't think these adds are from websites I would still like a screenshot of how it looks, you'll find the instructions on how to take screenshot in my previous reply.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Please I always recieve annoying ads on my phone. How can I block or remove ads on sonny experior xa1 ultra

Pioneer
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

You can help us help you by telling us which ads are anoying you.

Is it when browsing?

Is it in your mail?

Is it popups? And if yes, when?

The answers from @Quester and @Emil already explain what is going on.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Hi I'm having the same problems with pop up ads just popping up at ridiculous times. I've took a screenshot of one that keeps appearing. I've done a safe reboot and I only had a few apps left on my phone and it showed up. Hope it helps! 👍Screenshot_20190313-203042.png

Emperor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

@AtomicBlondie 

Do you experience the same in >>> safe mode 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Yes it's annoying it's only started in the past week or so. I've deleted a lot of apps but it's made no difference. It seems to be the same three ads too. 😡