account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to install and update apps from play Store to SD card?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How to install and update apps from play Store to SD card?

I have used up over 95% of my 16 GB of internal storage on my Xperia XA, I have a 32 GB external SD card and I want to keep all my apps and keep them updated so my question is Is there a way to download and update apps from the Google Play Store directly to external SD card? When I try to move apps to the SD card after installing them it doesn't save too much space so that makes me wonder if it transfers the entire app and all of its data to the SD Card.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to install and update apps from play Store to SD card?

@MonsterMan2734PSNX

This has been asked before, make sure to use the search bar.

1 No

2 That's an android restriction, you can only move few apps and not entirely to the SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@MonsterMan2734PSNX

This has been asked before, make sure to use the search bar.

1 No

2 That's an android restriction, you can only move few apps and not entirely to the SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Fiy:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Related-to-application-saving-location/m-p/1179475/highligh...

Thread locked.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.