account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How is youtube taking my storage?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How is youtube taking my storage?

So after a while of watching YouTube videos back to back I get the Storage Low notification, looks like it takes over 1gb just for watching videos. How is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How is youtube taking my storage?

@MrXperiaXA 

I'm assuming that you have the Xperia XA and not the Xperia 1 correct?

Go to settings > apps & notifications > all apps > youtube > Storage > what do you see? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: How is youtube taking my storage?

Oh I see cached data. Didnt know youtube had that, still not sure what that is or why youtube even had it but ill remember to delete it. Doesnt add up to that much tho so something else must be taking it. Tbh not been on android that long but I get the "storage almost full" notification more times than id like.

Thanks.