account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Headphone jack not working

Learner
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Headphone jack not working

Me too if happened out of nowhere right after the software update only the right ear works for any headphones tried with 3 different pairs Also the sound about application doesn't work for me 

Pioneer
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Try Safe Mode and see if the auxillery (headphones) port still plays up... Post back with how you go.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Booted in safe mode still same issue one ear playing 

Pioneer
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi @Gusbustin,

Try a Software Repair.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to contact your local Sony Mobile Customer Care team and ask for the details of the nearest Authorized Repair Center..

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
One time poster
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Last time I buy a Sony phone. Cant get the basics right. Test your software before releasing to the public!

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I have the same issue, can someone tell me what are the steps on how to fix this issue besides going to Sony Repair Center.

My Sony Xperia XA is only 3 weeks old. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hello. I have the same problem about one month know!!! Try one day to connect my headphones on my phone and do nothing. Am downloading the app sound about and it's working but know with the new update from 1 April 2018 this app its not working any more. I try many different solutions i try with reset my phone but the problem it's there .....