account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fonts are bigger than it used to be

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Fonts are bigger than it used to be

Hi, 

So I bought my Xperia XA last March with Android Marshmallow. Few months after, I updated to Nougat. Earlier I got a notification that Nougat has new updates and so I did update. Now the fonts are bigger than it used to be. I have, of course, tried to adjust it from the phone's settings only to see that the small font is so small and the default one is just the normal big (large is too large).

Is there going to be a fix for this in the future? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fonts are bigger than it used to be

@djaeapart from changing the font size, have you tried changing display size in Settings > Display > Display size? that setting changes the size of display elements, including fonts. perhaps something like Display size set to small and Font size set to normal will be more to your liking.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi! Yes, I did that too. I tried everything that could make the fonts and display smaller/bigger but still the same. Is it really an update to Nougat? 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

mine also,

i have xperia xa. after nougat update version 33.3.A.1.97 everytime i restart the phone the fonts size become bigger. Are there any other ways to correct this problem?