account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Flash problem

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Flash problem

I have a problem with my Xperia XA Ultra, when I enter the main camera, I can use it perfectly, but when using the secondary camera the flash is disabled for both cameras and for the flashlight application. I do not want to send it as a guarantee, because it takes up to 20 days to deliver the cell phone.

Xperia XA Ultra F3213

Android N 7.0

Firmware 36.1.A.1.86

11 REPLIES 11
Pioneer
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Flash problem

@Juliocmg10

What is the problem here? What you are describing is the way it should properly work: flash working only for rear camera, flashlight app not working (not accessible) while using camera. Am I misunderstanding something? 

Apprentice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Flash working only for rear camera, when switch to front camera, Flash Is disabled and i cant use ir for anything. No rear camera, no flashlight app

@Roadrunny76 wrote:

@Juliocmg10

What is the problem here? What you are describing is the way it should properly work: flash working only for rear camera, flashlight app not working (not accessible) while using camera. Am I misunderstanding something? 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Juliocmg10

This is how it is supposed to work. What is the use of a flash on the back when using front (selfie) camera? I mean you will get extremely little to none extra light. 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@Roadrunny76 wrote:

@Juliocmg10

This is how it is supposed to work. What is the use of a flash on the back when using front (selfie) camera? I mean you will get extremely little to none extra light. 

I will explain it more in detail. Xperia XA Ultra has flash led in the front camera (selfies). When I open the camera application, the LED flash of the rear camera works correctly, but when switching to the front camera the front flash does not work, back to the rear camera and the rear flash does not work either, the flashlight app does not work either, I need to restart the phone to work and not use the front camera at all.

Pioneer
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Juliocmg10

Ok, now I understand your problem. It looks like a software problem. Have you tried safe mode to see if that still happens? If you test it in Tests what happens? As a last solution, you should try a software 'repair' (if you take it to service center they will wipe and reinstall your software anyway) and see if it still happens without installing any thord party apps. If in none of the above cases front flash works, take it to warranty. 

Pioneer
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Juliocmg10

One other thing you could try is delete data from the Camera app. All camera settings will be reset to factory settings and maybe you will be in luck and front flash will work again (if it worked in the past - you didn't mention that).

Good luck! 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I have already reset the camera settings, I did a hard reset on 3 occasions, I started in safe mode, but nothing works for me. the strange thing is that it only fails when I go to the front camera, both cameras work well, I have no problems with capturing a photo or recording a video, I would understand if only the front flash did not work, but when trying to use it, both are disabled. I have had this phone for 5 months and had never made any mistakes, after the update to Android N presented the problem but I considered it to be a software failure and I did not take it any more, but for 2 weeks I have not used the front camera, because I don't need to turn on the flash, just capture the photo even without the flash, both are disabled.

Pioneer
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Why don't you try a software repair with Xperia companion? If you do, don't forget to backup everything before. 

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I have tried with xperia pc companion but no change, I thought about doing downgrade to marshmallow