account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Error 506 on Google Play Store

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Error 506 on Google Play Store

Hi I always encounter the error 506 when updating apps. Some apps update succesfully but some just won't update especially Facebook Messenger. Everytime it has update on google play store it always fail. Any fix for this error?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Error 506 on Google Play Store

Hi!

I think it depends of location this app. If apps locate in the external memory then try to remove this apps from sd card to device memory and update this app or delete this apps and install again. I had this problem  after moving apps to sd card) Good luck)

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are all in harmony” © Mahatma Gandhi, Indian political leader
One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Error 506 on Google Play Store

Really do think sony need to sort this out as i have problems all the time with this. Should be able to update whether on sd card or not. Plus there isnot option to select preferred storage install. Please can someone from sony get back to us regarding this.