account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Display won't fully turn off during calls after Nougat update

Apprentice
Message 1 of 84
Message 1 of 84

Display won't fully turn off during calls after Nougat update

After update my xepria xa to nougat I have proximity problem. During tha call my screen not off properly. Its blinking. Please solve the problem. 

83 REPLIES 83
Emperor
Message 2 of 84
Message 2 of 84

Re: After nougat update proximity problem

@Debrathi

remove any protective case, film and/or protective glass > clean the proximity sensor > 

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test proximity sensor > report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 84
Message 3 of 84

@Uliwooly

Thanks for your reply. 

I have no protective case. And I clean the sensor. When I test the proximity sensor its vibration not continue. * * * * * * * * * this type of vibration, when my finger going to close to sensor then the vibration continues. ****************this type. Have you any solutions? 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 84
Message 4 of 84

Have you any solutions? 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 84
Message 5 of 84

Yes,me too 

Message 6 of 84
Message 6 of 84

Yes its a bug.. I noticed that one.. 
Current solution is, once you pick the call just press the lock button.. Screen will not blink.. 
Meanwhile wait for the fix update.. 

Adviser
Message 7 of 84
Message 7 of 84

Proximity sensor issue after upgrading to Nougat

After upgrading my XA dual to Nougat yesterday, I'm facing some issues with the proximity sensor. When I attend a phone call, my display just keeps on blinking even whn its close to my ear.

Any solution plz..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 84
Message 8 of 84

Re: Proximity sensor issue after upgrading to Nougat

same mine any help

aboshama
One time poster
Message 9 of 84
Message 9 of 84

Yes, me too

Visitor
Message 10 of 84
Message 10 of 84

Hi,

I'm facing same problem after updating my XA dual. When doing proximity test, go for accelerometer test also. Both the test failed in my case. I think its a software issue, may be a bug in the new update. Hence I think service centers can not help as its a firmwire bag and they reiceve the same software as we got. So wait for the next update, and it will release soon. 

Cheers.

Amit