account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Constant loss of signal ๐Ÿ“ถ

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Constant loss of signal ๐Ÿ“ถ

Loss signal and battery gone faster, thanks. 

Learner
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

Dear sir

I am struggling with inaccurate GPS location or loss of signal whatever app I would use on my single sim card sony xa ultra. I also tried without the Sim card and with different Sim cards, and also in different countries. The result is the same - very disturbing and annoying. Is this a hardware or software issue? How to fix it? I could not find a suitable answer on Internet.  Many thanks

One time poster
Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

Does Sony actually take problems with their devices seriously from this thread it seems to me that you just want to blame the customer rather than fixing the crappy device that you created I have one of these phones brand new straight out of the box and does not have 2G reception built into it and I have no reception whatsoever this phone is a utter disgrace to the Sony name and I can tell you right now it has nothing to do with apps or anything else on the phone except for the fact you have installed a very low quality antenna and you have known all along that the phone was faulty but rather than fixed it you've decided to sell it out for a cheap price in Australia and just wipe your hands clean of the problem and the weird thing is it hasn't got any better on the xa2 or any other models after the XA in that particular series because I also have the same problem come on Sony fix your products you take out money they give us something that actually works.

One time poster
Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

It seem that these are no Sony supporters here to clarify this problem.

My Xperia will never connect to mobile signal again after a lost of signal until I restart my phone and the problem happen again when it lost signal. 

@AusJay2k wrote:

Does Sony actually take problems with their devices seriously from this thread it seems to me that you just want to blame the customer rather than fixing the crappy device that you created I have one of these phones brand new straight out of the box and does not have 2G reception built into it and I have no reception whatsoever this phone is a utter disgrace to the Sony name and I can tell you right now it has nothing to do with apps or anything else on the phone except for the fact you have installed a very low quality antenna and you have known all along that the phone was faulty but rather than fixed it you've decided to sell it out for a cheap price in Australia and just wipe your hands clean of the problem and the weird thing is it hasn't got any better on the xa2 or any other models after the XA in that particular series because I also have the same problem come on Sony fix your products you take out money they give us something that actually works.

Pioneer
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

There's a lot going on here.

The best guess in most cases is to reset and retry.

One can try many options, but the best solution in most cases is to ignore further investigation in what's going wrong and simply 'reculer pour mieux sauter' (sort of start all over again.

First option could be to goto settings and reset network setting. By doing so the mobile data information will be downloaded again for a fresh start.

The optimal way as far as I see it is to do a software repair with Xperia Companion.

To achieve even better results I advise you NOT to restore backups. Just install the most urgently needed apps.

You will be rewarded with a fresh operating system (not clugged by apps that are dwelling inside since forever) and a clean and lean machine.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't