account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Constant loss of signal πŸ“Ά

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Constant loss of signal πŸ“Ά

I have the same problem 

One time poster
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

May I what's the solution to fix the lost of signal for the second sim card. I have been struggling in Singapore since all the providers discontinue the 2G network. I asked some friends who uses oppo, they receive

One time poster
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

do you know the process of changing the signal settings because i would like to do it my phone has been having this problem aswell and im with freedom im just to lazy to bring it into the shop

One time poster
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Constant loss of signal πŸ“Ά

When i buy may ultra XA its was LTE signal but when my phone damage on my LCD i dropped this item to the service center. Yes it well be okey but when i got home i noticed my signal of my phone its not good its only 1bar sometime nothing and my date connections instead of LTE it well turn to 4g,3g, when the service center back to.me. What happend for this. Please kindly verify this phone

Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

@Jaoafundar

Depending on your Android version, the signal will show one of these sets of indicators:

- LTE, H+, H, E

- 4G, 3G+, 3G, 2G

They mean the same, so nothing wrong here.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Genius
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

@Jaoafundar follow @Quester advice but if you still have concerns/doubts contact the Service Centre which carried out the initial repair for their advice & your peace of mind

Veteran
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

It is not about the bars shown in the icon in upper right corner. It's about dBms. For example for my country dmms should vary between - 60 to - 110 where - 60 means very strong signal and - 110 very poor signal. I terestingly, thos value may differ between the bars in the icon you are referring to. I do not want go more into details here. 

To check your real signal strenght based on dBms go to Settings - - > information about the phone - - > Information about the phone - - > sim card.

See the screenshot below for reference. I will only tell you you are not the one suffering from poor signal. This device has poor antennas:

Screenshot_20170821-201043.png

Hope this will help. 

One time poster
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

I have signal out side but when I am at home can't make /receive calls. Or send texez

Regular
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Hello, same problem for a few days, loss of signal to call, I have 4g and a very good speed but I can very rarely make a call, the same for the reception of call. I do not have a problem with mobile data, just to go and have the call. 1 bar only, on the 2 sim.

I try a software repair but nothing helps.

no new application, it's the same thing after a restore.

Regular
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

@Redskyatnight what is parameter ? 

I Have a very good connection in 4G but only for internet , i CAN'T call !  105dbm. its crazy

the last week , all was normal , i dont understand

Remercier