account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Charging problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Charging problem

My phone was charging normally then one time it said I had 20% left and then it went straight to zero and died. Since then I have had problems trying to charge it, first of all it won't always recognise that it is charging and if it does it charges it to max 50% and then stops by itself. It ends up running out of battery a few times a day and I have constantly charge it, any advice thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Re: Charging problem

it is a battery problem go to closer service center to replace it

15 REPLIES 15
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Hi @Mo231,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Can you please try forcing a shutdown on your phone (Hold the power button and the volume up button until it vibrates 3 times) then try to charge it while it is off?

Also, if possible please try other chargers.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

My model is xa i am using uch12 charge from 30%takes 25mins sony have told that it is fast charging
Apprentice
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Hello, I'm also facing a minor problem. My phone charged up to 89% and I noticed that the phone stopped charging and was still at 89 after a few minutes. I tried to switch power source but it was still stuck at 89. Is this a battery care sort of feature? Also noticed that the charging slowed down at about 85.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

it is a battery problem go to closer service center to replace it

One time poster
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

My mobile some time continues 6hars working some time only 2hars service
Rookie
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

My phone only charges properly when it is switched off and it still takes a long time to charge and when it is on it will only charge from a battery pack or my laptop and is even slower.
Av6
One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

It takes long to charge my phone too. Last time 13h. And battery is dropping in minutes.Also, after I purchased and tried to do some video after 4 minutes is hot and stops recording. I avoid taking videos and also can't use it properly because of the battery is dropping and is hard to change as it takes long.Seriosly ? I bought it a couple of months back and I stopped using it for a while but now I need to use it and it is terrible. Big mistake using Sony. I'll never buy anything from Sony. Waste of money. I paid over £400 and I not worth £100.

Regular
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

My XA bettery  level have some problem too............plz update a new version to fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Common issue. Ideally Sony should have recalled this model. Sad indeed.