account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

Visitor
Message 71 of 76
Message 71 of 76

Re: Bluetooth very poor.

Hi

My problem was that the sound in the car (hands free) was very soft almost inaudable ...... Finally fixed it. Found that the in-call volume on the handset has to be up full and then the sound in the car was fine.

One time poster
Message 72 of 76
Message 72 of 76

Re: Bluetooth Problem

Thanks buddy, that solved the problem on my Z5 but i think i will go over to the new Samsung galaxy when my upgrade is due

One time poster
Message 73 of 76
Message 73 of 76

Re: Problem in Bluetooth call audio in Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim

I had the problem with the Sony Xperia e5606 but i tried with the airplane enable/disable, and now its connected!!!

Thank you arthuroo Slightly smiling Face 

Visitor
Message 74 of 76
Message 74 of 76

Re: Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

All right, I'll tell you what is wrong with Sony, that'simple: the just don't follow the spec and industry standards.

The car audio connection for the phone (don't mess it with media profiles!) is standardized as HFP: Hands Free Profile.

This essentially suppose an audiocodec called mSBC: an SBC codec with lower sample rate @ 16 kHz (and lower bitrate therefore).

Now, if you will go to the 'developer options' menu, you can find out (and supposedly change) some related options. So, you can find there (and force usage) the SBC codec.

But unfortunately, there is no option for getting 16 kHz sample rate (the lowest possible is 44.1 kHz).

Thus, those devices that strictly follow the standard (or jusl limited in recources) - shall not 'understand' what Sony streams to them.

Bravo, Sony engineers, very professional!

One time poster
Message 75 of 76
Message 75 of 76

My Bluetooth does not allow the call audio to make or receive calls. But the audio work perfect. I can't set it manually. If I try it select it it will just go off again.

One time poster
Message 76 of 76
Message 76 of 76

How do you clear bluetooth cash?