account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

Visitor
Message 61 of 76
Message 61 of 76

Re: Bluetooth XA not stream audio, poor quality

I am having problems with the bluetooth as well. I use to have a LG G3 and the volume in my car with the hands free was fine but with this Xperia AX1 Ultra I can barley hear the caller even adjusting the volume to full, they hear me fine but not the other way around. I have unpaired the phone in the phone and in the car (Hyundai i30 2014) to no avail. I have restarted the phone, I have reset the phone ... I have checked ALL the sound and bluetooth settings in the phone and in the car ... what am I missing?
Any help would be appriciated. So far not to impressed with the phone.

One time poster
Message 62 of 76
Message 62 of 76

Re: Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

When I call on car do not work 

One time poster
Message 63 of 76
Message 63 of 76

I have a new E5 all the problems you all speak of no audio on Mercedes Benz phone system yet works with I phone,Samsung and Microsoft phone Sony what a shambles

Visitor
Message 64 of 76
Message 64 of 76

Try to disable some programs on the phone.. I get Bluetooth connections if I have too many programs running in the background.. Also I'd HD space is almost full.. 

Visitor
Message 65 of 76
Message 65 of 76

Re: Bluetooth very poor.

Memory issues.. I disabled some programs on the phone.. Problem gone. 

Learner
Message 66 of 76
Message 66 of 76

Sane here new car all working fine for 8 weeks until this week and when I look at Bluetooth phone settings, I can't check tick beside phone audio,it keeps going blank. I am totally puzzled no updates to phone for months. 

Learner
Message 67 of 76
Message 67 of 76

Re: Problem in Bluetooth call audio in Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim

Thank you, this worked. I could not get phone audio option to tick therefore Bluetooth in car useless unless streaming music. I switched airplane mode on/off and when I checked phone audio ticked and worked. 

Learner
Message 68 of 76
Message 68 of 76

Re: Bluetooth pairs with car but does not allow phone audio use

Did you try the airplane mode switch on/off as that worked for me and others on here. 

Learner
Message 69 of 76
Message 69 of 76

Morning welcome to Sony rubbish.  What we were suggested to do which is a great pain but does work.  When in your car start car click on ✈ activate and then deactivated and walla you have Bluetooth till you switch your car off.  

One time poster
Message 70 of 76
Message 70 of 76

Re: Bluetooth very poor.

I have this exact same issue.  It starts out with expected sound quality but then it starts skipping and jumping like an old record player that is getting bumped.