account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

One time poster
Message 1 of 76
Message 1 of 76

Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

Bluetooth no call audio in car and headset speakers.
75 REPLIES 75
Learner
Message 2 of 76
Message 2 of 76

Re: Bluetooth call audio malfunction/disabled

I'm glad to hear the problem is generic.

In the meantime I have figured out the following:

Sony Xperia XA F311 connecting to the audio system mitsubishi outlander.

1. BT connected, calls made.

2. BT restarted (either manual BT disable/enable or the engine turn off/on)  BT connected, calls failed - could not dial in (but other services are working fine - e.g. redial list visible).

3. Xperia BT Menu, Paired Devices - Call Audio is disabled and unable to change the setting manually.

4. Smartphone reset or BT cleared cache and storage

5. Xperia BT Menu, Paired Devices - Call Audio is enabled and the calls are connected from the car audio

6. Problem reoccurs after BT resync

Hi SONY, what do you think?

One time poster
Message 3 of 76
Message 3 of 76

Same problem with my xperia E5 android 6.0...i cant enable manually call audio option. Bluetooth call only works when i restart the phone. Dissapointing.

One time poster
Message 4 of 76
Message 4 of 76

Bluetooth very poor.

Hello,

My phone is very jumpy on Bluetooth connection. It may work well for an hour or so with no problems, but then it will start jumping. On occasions the Bluetooth will completely switch off and I have to go back into the bluetooth settings and enable it.

I know the problem is the phone, because the bluetooth accessories I use work fine with other devices.
One time poster
Message 5 of 76
Message 5 of 76

Bluetooth XA not stream audio, poor quality

I agree, there is a problem with Bluetooth.

I just changed my phone from a Moto G 3rd gen. and I am very dissapointed with the Sony XA

The connection does not stream audio for unknown reasons (my old moto was flawless) , when you check it in the car, it only connects telephone, and the voice is low and static noise.

The battery life is not fine, for some reason, many bloatware,... this is not what you expect from a brand name like SONY...

UPDATE the software, and do it RIGHT to make this hardware run as it SHOuLD and worthy of the name SONY
One time poster
Message 6 of 76
Message 6 of 76

Cannot use Bluetooth headset for call

Hello,
I have problems with Bluetooth connection with headsets and car.
The devices are pairing but I cannot check the box for using the headset for audio calls, but only for media.
Same with my Sony smartwatch 3, that after pairing does not connect anymore.
I already did factory reset and then functionality is back working with headset able to be used for call.
I think the issue is with some driver after android wear 2.0. All these devices worked fine just 1 month ago, with the same phone.
And idea how I can fix this, before sending it back to Sony?
Thank you
One time poster
Message 7 of 76
Message 7 of 76

Same problem here, was working fine until a few weeks ago, now the phone audio is not working and cannot select the tick box for it in the advanced menu. Have tried a factory reset but still not working.
Apprentice
Message 8 of 76
Message 8 of 76

Bt is a serious problem for Sony phones, i moved from Xperia C5 Ultra to Xperia XA Ultra because i was sick of unpairing devices. With the latest firmware things got even unsustainable.

I decided to change the phone, but problems remained the same.

I've read all the forums from the web, no way to solve the problems.

The ridicolous thing is that i only connect devices from Sony...

It's a shame, that's it!

One time poster
Message 9 of 76
Message 9 of 76

Bluetooth Problem

I have an xperia XA ultra and there is something wrong with my Bluetooth. My car supports Bluetooth but when I connect my XA ultra it works fine. Music comes through. Only issue is that the phone itself doesn't work.. I pressed the setting button next to the connect device(My car) and tried to select the phone audio.. It just doesn't select. Contact sharing and media sharing is pre-selected already. Why can I not select phone audio also?
One time poster
Message 10 of 76
Message 10 of 76

Re: Bluetooth Problem

Same by me, BMW X6 2010, Music no prob...