account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Back cover removal

Adept
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Back cover removal

This phone is really starting to do my head in.

The touch screen feature is erratic, I've got ongoing problems with various apps causing the sound to go off, and now I can't turn the thing off. Worse still, I'm trying to remove the back cover so I can take the battery out, and it feels like I'm damaging the phone! Shouldn't it just pop out or something?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Back cover removal

@Polly13 The battery is non removable, please stop forcing the back cover.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

To turn off, keep power and volume up buttons pressed at the same time until screen goes black and phone vibrates once. Does this work?
Adept
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

The battery is non-removable?  Nobody told me this, and it says nothing in the pathetically brief Startup guide that came with it.

My disappointment with this phone plumbs another depth...

Adept
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Eventually. I had to hold them down for about 20 seconds.

Pioneer
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

20 seconds is the normal time, no worry
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks! I should print it out and carry it in my wallet

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

my battery runs low very quick , can i remove the back to replace it with another battery.

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@bill61 

yes you can, it's your phone, keep in mind that it will void the warranty 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

thanks, i really needed this. My phone had been frozen on the start up screen for hours