account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android M does not support xperia xa to use sd card as internal memory.

Commissioner
Message 21 of 40
Message 21 of 40

Re: Android M does not support xperia xa to use sd card as internal memory.

Try setting the camera to save the images captured on the sdcard, the option is in the camera settings. This makes a big difference if you take lots of images. No oems included adoptable storage as standard in mm that alone should tell you how good it is but if you must have this option it's easily available via a few adb commands. See xda xa forum for full details of how to enable it. I'd also use non carrier firmware if possible as there's much less bloatware though unfortunately Facebook is still a system app
One time poster
Message 22 of 40
Message 22 of 40

Low storage

Although I have a 32 gbsd and have selected the option to auto transfer the pic videos etc to the SD it keeps always asking my opinion to do it.this is not something u say it's auto Sony! Although I have 1gb storage free and 30 gb free to the SD it doesn't install cause of the low storage space?
Message 23 of 40
Message 23 of 40

Re: Low storage

Only newly recorded videos and captured photos can be auto saved to SD card, any other media you get on internal memory by download or Bluetooth transfer or media received via messaging apps must be manually confirmed to be moved.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 24 of 40
Message 24 of 40

Im vers dissapointed by this phone. This is the first time that i buy a sony phone and the Last time. 16gb and 50 percent is occuppied by the system. I cant fusionning my sd card and 2 apps later 96% of my memory occuppied. If Sony dont change Things i sell my xa phone for an Apple. Bye Sony !!!
One time poster
Message 25 of 40
Message 25 of 40

I want to download movies directly to my sd card and i cant.
Too much Sony bloatware apps to begin with.
Useless apps like vr, sketch, movie creator, movie&tv review, whats new.
Smartphones are made for MY apps! Ok Sony?
I cant move apps to sd card.
First and last time i buy a sony.
I want my money back!
Message 26 of 40
Message 26 of 40

Memory Issue XA Ultra

Hello
New to the site but I have been reading a lot of things on line about getting more space on the Sony Xperia XA Ultra i have and love the phone in self it just space. I have read that you can chamnge the storage location by useing a few short commands, I have try the commands in question but still no joy.

The opration is by using the adb command then you use the adb command you agin access the the part of the phone phone your not able to i understand that bit OK. not the command first is
adb devices- which brings up the phone that works fine it the next bit i have trouble with.

This is the operation in question in full.
adb devices
adb shell pm set-install-location 2
adb shell pm get-install-location

It the sceond bit where you try and change the storage location you run the command but nothing seem to happen, now i did read on a site the Sony had somehow bloged these commands so when you it just gives back a error by useing the (adb shell pm set-install-location 2) this it changes the install location to the memory card, also a question i'd like to ask is do you need to cahnge part of the SD card to _ext2 , _ext4 because then the phone reads it as Internal storage and not external storage

would be greatfull if some one could throw some light on this to try and reslove the space issue or i have a 64gb sd card samsung

One time poster
Message 27 of 40
Message 27 of 40

Hello! I a New For on Xperia xa, Can you help me?

I can't move apps on sd card. After transfer app internal memory on sd, it will not move on sd. Upon completion of the transfer, he remains in internal memory.
And why sony xperia xa f3111 no function adoptable storage?
And i can't install apps on sd.
Emperor
Message 28 of 40
Message 28 of 40

Re: Hello! I a New For on Xperia xa, Can you help me?

@K1P4

Those questions have been answered before, multiple times, use the search bar and you will find the answers.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 40
Message 29 of 40

How to format micro-SD as internal storage ?

Hello,

I've heard that one of the big features of marshmallow was the possibility to extend the internal storage by crypting the micro-SD.

So I bought a New Class 10 SD to solve my short memory problem (16Go, rather 10Go encumbered by 5,6Go of system...) but I can't find this option, not were it should be accorded to some "tutorial".

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

Thank you very much !

PS: Sorry if my english is bad i'm not a native speaker.
One time poster
Message 30 of 40
Message 30 of 40

Android 6.0.1 update unable to format SD card as internal memory can't move app to SD card

Android 6.0.1 update unable to format SD card as internal memory can't move app to SD card