account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

XPERIA X8 Issues

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 21 of 123
Message 21 of 123

Re: XPERIA X8 Issues

The blody customer support guy(gay) told me to reset the mobile settings...!!!! not for specific reason, for every issues i need to walk into sony service cenrter and reset or reinstal the the software, why the blody fu guy is sitting there?

Visitor
Message 22 of 123
Message 22 of 123

incoming calls are displayed as 'unknown'   !!! what the hell??? worse.. I can't even save these unknown numbers nor can I make calls to them... the phone freezes tooooo much...

Visitor
Message 23 of 123
Message 23 of 123

I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 24 of 123
Message 24 of 123

Hi All of you disappointed users of SE X8,

same issues happened to me recently, I just own the phone since less than a week :-((

1. It gets black screen for no reason about a couple times per day, it is necessary to remove the battery to bring it back to life.

2. Camera is terrible at dark light and for closly / macro pictures.

3. I'm ussing it as a phone mostly, but it is everything else than a phone :-((

4. When I switch Wifi on and starting browsing into the internet, it can't last more that 4-5 hours.

5. For no reason sometimes it tells me that the memory card is broken, and nothing can be done except formating againg, I'm losing pictures  twice up to. now. The memory card is Class 6 / 8Gb it works just fine in other device.

I hope SE released 2.1 soon, and all this is repared, because I'have tried to repaire it with 1.6 reflashing it, but it did not help at all!?!?

Demigod
Message 25 of 123
Message 25 of 123

Some of these issues you are facing I haven't experienced myself but maybe you should see if that still happens after the update. The Android 2.1 update details have been posted here http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/11/27/update-roll-out-started-also-for-xperia-x8/ and you can check to see if your SI-Number is there for the upgrade.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 26 of 123
Message 26 of 123

1. Yes, I am experiencing this black screen issue every now and then. Wondering if I should bring it to the service centre, but will they be able to do anything?

2. Not really a bug this one, the camera specs are that way. Slightly frowning Face

3. Works as a phone for me, so ok I guess.

4. Battery drains fast if you use wifi or 3G. Slightly frowning Face

5. Haven't heard of this problem. Perhaps a conflict for this particular SDcard as it happens sometimes?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 27 of 123
Message 27 of 123

My incoming caller name and number not displaying.

It just shows ' UNKNOWN '...

How to fix this issue...??

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 28 of 123
Message 28 of 123

i'm too having same problem. It displays unknown ...any1 has any idea hw to fix tis??

Oracle
Message 29 of 123
Message 29 of 123

First of all you should check with your carrier to ensure that you have caller identity allowed on your contract.  The other thing that may be a problem is the set up of the numbers on the phone, which is locally unique.  I have read where people have +12345678900 and then other numbers stored as 012345678900 and the phone doesn't recognise the number as being the same or even 01234-567-8900 and the carrier sends the number as a different string.  I don't have a solution for it tho I'm afraid.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 30 of 123
Message 30 of 123

Thanks KrazyD for the info for android 2.1 update but unfortunately my SI number is not in the list !