account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

XPERIA X8 Issues

SOLVED
Oracle
Message 11 of 123
Message 11 of 123

Re: XPERIA X8 Issues

The first thing to try is running a software repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service, downloadable from the Support section of the website.  This will wipe the phone so ensure that you have your contacts saved/synced.  If it is a software problem this should resolve it.

If it does not help then I suggest that you take it back to where you bought it and ask for them for a replacement under warranty.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 123
Message 12 of 123

just 5 days since i bought this x8 phone..and i have these issues

->no playlist as suggested above and it is totally let down, even my 5 year old SE k750 has awesome playlists and equalizers....music and videos were fun....but dono why SE let this phone without these features...NO PLAYLIST, NO EQUALISER...totall let down

->the video playback is horrible...i used xilisoft mp4 convertor and converted my videos to 320*480 res and whenever i play any video it wont play more than 3-4 mins...it gets restarted automatically...i hate this phone like for this one reason, as i love SE for music and videos...and this phone makes me get very angry. I read somewhere here in the forum where they said internal memory is low for videos to play...if tat is the reason , why the HEll did SE release a video phone with 8gb support and 128 MB storage, 168 MB RAM....if they cant test the phone with the internal memory wats the reason in releasing it??? Angry Face

-?the phone gets stuck up and often doesnt load the apps Thinking Face

->the radio is also poor we cant tune the various radio stations with the volume button as in previous SE[ my old SE k750 had]

->the phone sound quality is not great...just very mediocre for a phone in this price segment...

->cant arrange the pictures in folders....when i click the album , all pics loads up just like tat...i wud like to have different folders when iclick album then by selecting the folder i shud be able to see the pics inside...now it loads all the pics at once....can this be solved??

will sony ericsson see this forum??? just 5 days since i bought this x8 and i have so many problems....this gives me a very bad opinion aboout SE...am sorry to say this...if these problems are not rectified....u lose ur Loyal customers SE....

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 123
Message 13 of 123

I have the same issues with the screen going ''black'' as the above users. Seems like it is common issue among X8 sets. Though I recently discovered that for my case, it is not actually totally black but is still running (if you notice carefully, there may be some faded, vague image prints from the running applications on the screen). Instead of taking out the cover and battery, I happen to leave it in my pocket for a few minutes until it worked again. So it is actually just hanging or freezing terribly.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 123
Message 14 of 123

With regards to Google Talk, it does not allow you to delete a chat history after a conversation! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 123
Message 15 of 123

->no playlist as suggested above and it is totally let down, even  my 5 year old SE k750 has awesome playlists and equalizers....music and  videos were fun....but dono why SE let this phone without these  features...NO PLAYLIST, NO EQUALISER...totall let down

->the  video playback is horrible...i used xilisoft mp4 convertor and converted  my videos to 320*480 res and whenever i play any video it wont play  more than 3-4 mins...it gets restarted automatically...i hate this phone  like for this one reason, as i love SE for music and videos...and this  phone makes me get very angry. I read somewhere here in the forum where  they said internal memory is low for videos to play...if tat is the  reason ,

Try using RockPlayer, download it from android market this plays almost all video formats with out any problem..i have used it and watched entire movies in x8 without any problem.and also check if the video is correctly converted by playing it in the computer once...There is no need for conversion as it can play all formats easily unless its high definition where there will be audio and video synchronization problem.

Visitor
Message 16 of 123
Message 16 of 123

I repaired the phone... but the black screen issue is still reproducible. Yes, and the phone restarts for no reason. I had a couple of occasions when I wanted to make a call in front of my colleagues and it restarted. What an embarassment it was!!!

Visitor
Message 17 of 123
Message 17 of 123

thats true the black screen may not be a problem always... but once i was using an SE supplied app, i tried to make an urgent call and then I saw the black screen... I took out the battery and made the call. I feel this is a serious issue. what if I actually needed to make a call in case of a critical emergency... Had that been the case, SE would have to pay dearly for it.

Visitor
Message 18 of 123
Message 18 of 123

i faced the same issues, but I am waiting if the 2.1 update can fix them.... I assume its because of app incompatibility but still... should they have tested with at least all the Apps that come preloaded, even basic functions can cause the phone to freeze for some time... occasional leading to black screen and/or restart.

Visitor
Message 19 of 123
Message 19 of 123

Cannot send files over Bluetooth also. A basic phone 4 years ago can do this!!!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 20 of 123
Message 20 of 123

Bluetooth File Transfer app from Medieval on Android Market .installed it today and it works fine but its more like a PC file manager, it will transfer anything.