account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

XPERIA X8 Issues

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 101 of 123
Message 101 of 123

Re: XPERIA X8 Issues

Hello moderators

My X8 woke up this morning in a right state.

I charged it fully yesterday, barely used it and it had died by this morning.  When I managed to get it to take a charge it told me I was back in 1980!  I made 2 very short phone calls (under a minute each) and did 4 standard texts.  No internet or anything else.

It has completely died now and will not take a charge at all from either the pc via usb or from a plug.

What can I do?

Forum Legend
Message 102 of 123
Message 102 of 123

there might some bug with your phone that can be fixed with update service or pc companion it might be either on the software or an app, but it is fixable. once you manage to turn it on, backup everything also, create a new thread so we can help you further, it's hard to keep track on a thread that was so many pages.

Forum Legend
Message 103 of 123
Message 103 of 123

Hi Samdr, suggest removing and re-installing battery, plug it to the charger and leave it to charge.

Keep us updated.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 104 of 123
Message 104 of 123

Hi gwhispererz,

I'd like to ask for your help. Im currently using xperia 8, and I planned to use the office suite. but it requires me to update it. But whenever I try to and doesn't let me, " no network connection cannot communicate with server.

I tried to do a clear cache from the applications menu, but its grayed out. what should I do , I would like to use this pre install app.

thank you,

sayonachi123

Forum Legend
Message 105 of 123
Message 105 of 123

Hi, I don't think there is any update for OfficeSuite, maybe for OfficeSuite Pro 5 which is a paid app.

You may want to try the following .... goto Settings>Applications>Manage applications>MENU (left hard button)>Filter>All, scroll down and search for OfficeSuite, Clear data and Clear cache (if any).

Keep us updated.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 106 of 123
Message 106 of 123

Hi,

I've already tried "Settings>Applications>Manage applications>MENU (left hard button)>Filter>All, scroll down and search for OfficeSuite, Clear data and Clear cache (if any)." and the clear data and clear cache is grayed out for some reason. Im not sure what else to do.

thanks,

Forum Legend
Message 107 of 123
Message 107 of 123

The other option would be to perform Factory Data Reset. As OfficeSuite is a pre-installed app, it will be available after the reset. Just be aware that this process will erase phone data completely (SD Card not affected), remember to backup.

I believe that you should be able to use it after a reset.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 108 of 123
Message 108 of 123

oh I see, ok. I will do that, I'll see what happens.

Forum Legend
Message 109 of 123
Message 109 of 123

- Fingers crossed - Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 110 of 123
Message 110 of 123

oh by the way, would my downloaded apps be backed up as well?