account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My X8 doesn't start since

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

My X8 doesn't start since

I have an X8 which I bought quite recently(3 months ago) and everything worked out great until 2 days ago when the battery finished. I was unable to recharge it when it was a couple of % left because I had forget the recharger at home. When I came home I tried recharge and it seemed to do it succesfully because the red light later turned green after a couple hours but when I try to start it, it only says "Sony Ericsson" and then turns off again. If I do it while it's recharging then only a thunder sign comes up when I click on the middle button or touch the screen.

I tried it with 2 different cables and with USB to the computer but it was still the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: My X8 doesn't start since

If that is the case, then you may need to get the handset to a service centre for repairs as it could be related to hardware. Please use the link below for contact details of Sony Ericsson within your region.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

With the information supplied, I believe this could be related to software on the handset. I would suggest performing a re installation of the phones software to resolve this issue. Please use the link below to download the Update Service software.

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1315209439/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.9.6.exe

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the help, but how do I reinstall it? Is it by downloading and installing it on the memory disk? Because I can't get the phone to start.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Once you have downloaded the above software, install it on to your PC, start the application and follow the instructions that it provides. The handset will be turned off during the whole process.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

It said I already had the latest update and I then had to reinstall the phone. The reinstallation is now finished. It said I should start the phone now, but it will take a little bit less than usual after an update, but it's been several minutes now and I can't get it to start. Which button should I push and for how long should I hold it down for it to start?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Does the handset turn on at all? is there a Sony Ericsson icon showing constantly?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

No.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

If that is the case, then you may need to get the handset to a service centre for repairs as it could be related to hardware. Please use the link below for contact details of Sony Ericsson within your region.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

It does start now when I tried starting it while it was plugged.

But why was this happening? Will I have to do this all over again next time the battery finishes before I'm able to recharge it?

Thanks a lot for the help

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

It could be related to a few things including software or hardware, it is hard to pinpoint the direct result of this issue.