account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

suddenly lost my contacts

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

suddenly lost my contacts

Dear friends,

i have sony ericsson Xperia X10,suddenly i lost all my contacs!!!

any way to restore my conatacs please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: suddenly lost my contacts

You may have accidentally filtered them, try the following,

Menu > PhoneeBook > look at the top left hand corner you will see a picture of three heads > Tap on this and make sure Online Contacts has been unticked.

If that does not resolve the issue simply go through this section and find the right combination to bring the contacts back.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

You may have accidentally filtered them, try the following,

Menu > PhoneeBook > look at the top left hand corner you will see a picture of three heads > Tap on this and make sure Online Contacts has been unticked.

If that does not resolve the issue simply go through this section and find the right combination to bring the contacts back.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

do you have android 2.3 or 2.1?

open your contacts -> press menu -> import -> from internal memory/sd card

Don't forget to mark the Correct & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

on your computer go to your gmail

click on the left side where it says Gmail -> there should be a dropdown menu -> select contacts are your contacts there?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

if you previously backed up your contacts with the Backup & Restore app just run it and then select only contacts to be restored

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

thanks a lot,my contacts were filtered accidently

thanks GOD

and really thanks 4 ur support and rapied answear

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

anytime

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

sorry Guys I have another problems, i tried to restore my contacts by using backup contacts and all my numbers are repeated four times,how to mange ???

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

go to phonebook -> menu -> filter and select only ONE option like phone contacts or google etc just one

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

hi,  i lost all my contacts on xperia m4 aqua. 

tried to follow some of your previous advice and found contacts attached to my gmail but unsure how to transfer them over.  Can i transfer quickly or do i have to do manually